Could anyone help me with this ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hello guys , i have been on Mirtazapine for 6 years ! a GP in Germany prescribed it for me to gain some weight. It never caused me any bad effect , but i decided finally to get off mirt . I went from 15 mg to 7.5 mg four months ago and didn’t have any WS , but last 2 weeks i started to have anxiety attacks , hot flashes , restlessness. Now i’m planning to use CITA chart to go from 7.5 mg to zero but i saw two types of tapering 

The tablets mode or the solution mode and i saw they’re a bit different, so guys what do u suggest ? The 7.5 mg tab tappering or the liquid ( i do have the soluble 15 mg tablets and i can make my own solution ) ,, 

Thanks a lot 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You must do the very slow taper, 10% reduction every 4 weeks seems to be the rule. 

Stay on your lowest does and you should start to feel better. 

There's a lot of information on this forum regarding the taper. 

Good luck 

• Posted

Hello  Vikki , thanks for your comment, yes i was also thinking about the slow tapering  cause i think i’m a bit sensitive to the medicine ( also to caffeine) so am gonna start and hopefully win the battle 😊👍🏻

• Posted

Hi.do liquid and do it slow.I've been tapering for 20 months approx.I have varied from feeling

Great to feel like I want to die.So do it slowly so as to minimize any withdrawal.I am desperate to stop mirt but have done the slow way.I am now on 2.5mg and still get good and awful days.

• Posted

Hello Plainden , i’m too desperate to stop it as well and i feel more comfortable with the liquid method , i’ll dissolve the soluble 15mg and start slow tapering maybe 0.5ml per 2 weeks . 

Thanks for your help 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up