Could I ask which route you haven taken regards hormones?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm really not sure what to do, the natural way (of which by the way can help, I have looked at a fair bit of literature and was told by a gynecological surgeon that they do help), or have you opted for regular hormones from the Doctor? How about bioidentical hormones that are dispensed from a pharmacy? 

I realize we are all different, meaning what works for some doesn't for others, but I am interested to hear about routes other's have taken before I decide. Could you talk about side effects or pluses. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don't think anything will make you abslutely symptom free, but I do know that in the natural side of things there are things that can sure make it a whole lot better.  I still have my days...about 5 or 6 days a month now instead of 26 days a month.

I take 2000 vitamin D

Calcium magnesium

B complex estra strength

And I take five different Bach flower remedies (2 drops each every morning)

2 tsp unflavored gelatin in my coffee about twice a week

And I avoid sugar as much as I can but do give in occasionally ( I feel it when I do)

High protein diet, low carbs

I feel pretty good most of the time.  I started this in December and no longer have mood swings at all.  I get the odd anxiety attack these days still, but not all the time.    Sugar will do it almost every time though.

Physical symptoms are covered pretty much with the gelatin, very rarely get aches and pains

Personally I don't feel that playing with your hormones is a healthy way to deal with it, I think we need to feed our bodies what they need to get through this more gracefully, and I believe strongly that food is medicine.

I can't say i am doing half bad anymore, and I am much more relaxed about the whole thing in general, but the two days leading up to my period are still pretty tense.

• Posted

Callianne, You are so right on this!! 👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks for the great info! I too opt out on HRT! Definitely Not messing with my already wacko hormones as it is!!

• Posted

That sounds very hopeful that this is working for you. Did you see a homeopath? May I ask if you are in the States or UK? I didn't know about sugar, gosh that is something to think about. 

• Posted

I was thinking deffo no synthetic hormones, but at the moment I am on the fence with it. I was told also, that you can do both you know. I guess the dream is bioidentical hormones but not sure. We'll see how the thread goes. Thx for your replies. 

• Posted

I did see a naturopathic doctor who has helped in the past with other issues, but what he gave me didn't seem to be helping me at all for the hormonal symptoms.  During a huge panic attack one day my friend gave me some flower remedies (she used them for herself as well with great results)  That day she gave me the rescue remedy and it calmed the panic in minutes.  Flower remedies are pretty quick to show effect and I have been using a few different ones since.  The rescue remedy sure works well for anxiety.  I am in Canada.  But I think bach's origionates in the UK somewhere

• Posted

Hi! I am also in Canada (Toronto). What kind of gelatin are using?
    • Posted

You can use knox from the grocery store but I find it much less expensive t just go to bins and bins or bulk bin and buy a small bag full for about $6.  Just plain unflavored gelatin.
  • Posted

Oh, and I just added Omega 3-6-9 today for healthy skin and hair and brain food.  lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.