Skip to content
Chloe96260

Could I be imagining it?

Hi everyone.

I've written several discussions about this topic so apologies in advance to anyone who's read them and gets tired of reading about the same thing. I was having several symptoms to do with my vision. I was seeing black dots (more like tv static that floaters) in dim lighting as well as in the sky. I was also getting a lot of after images like when you look at a light and still sort of see it for a few seconds after looking away. Except I was getting it a lot and it doesn't have to be lights it can be anything (like people's faces) and it seems to happen more in places with artificial lighting. Anyway I had my eyes tested and since I had described the symptoms to them beforehand, they did very intensive tests which involved dilating my pupils ect. And everything was 100% fine. I was glad to hear that of course. Except now and again I still worry about the symotoms and wonder when they'll eventually go away. One thing I know that would be a cause of concern is if I have flashes of light. The thing is there was one time before my eye test where I thought I had a flash of light in my eyes (I was already having other symptoms at the time so I was already worried about my eyes) but it was so quick and suttle I couldn't tell so I thought mabey it was just the light bulb. But after my eye test I've been experiencing this more than just once and all in different rooms so I know it's nothing to do with the lights being faulty. It seems more like flickering than a flash of light but it causes me a great deal of distress when it happens. But the thing is after all those tests I know that my eyes are fine so I wonder if I could just be imagining it. But I don't know if anxiety could cause me to inagine something that seems so real. Any thoughts or simular experiences? Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.