Could I have had herpes for months without knowing?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just posted another discussion, but thought of a different question. 

I am experiencing what I believe to be my first outbreak. I got a fever Sunday and found my first sore Wednesday morning after painful urination for 24hrs. To me, this is differently that anything I’ve experienced.  Last December, I was diagnosed with BV and given treatment which seemed to help.  The next couple months I developed more BV symptoms anytime my period came or I had sex, which according to google is not unlikely (I didn’t finish my round of meds because it got better so it could have still been in my body). Could I have had herpes this entire time and not known it? I read the fever is typically during the primary outbreak and this is the first time discovering sores. I did have painful urination but nothing like this. Coincidence? or could those outbreaks have just been milder than this one that I think is my first?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.