Could I have HSV

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've not been sexually active for over 2 years. A year ago i freaked out thinking i had herpes, but it ended up being eczema. Now I have something that looks similar but almost twice the size. It's slightly below my waistband and ITCHES like sumac, which is all over my yard and I get it often. it doesn't Look like sumac. I have no other symptoms aside from this very itchy rash. It's at the top of my butt. I will also post pictures. It's been about 10 days. Could it be herpes?imageimageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

looks like a skin issue visit a doctors so they can prescribe the right cream

• Posted

Thank you for the response! Is it possible to have shingles with no other symptoms beyond seriously itching? it has dried up mostly...still itches though. No pain or flu-like symptoms, which I thought accompanied both hsv 1/2 and shingles. I'll post a picture i took this morning. Thank you.image

• Posted

it dosnt look like when my daughter had shingles she got sent home from.school cos it was quite painful and she wasnt well at all

• Posted

my daughter had blisters they are not one big patch like that but more like a cluster and hers was on one side of her back

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that resolved well for her. I contacted a wound nurse friend who gave me a couple creams to use. Because of how bad it itches, could it then be a contact dermatitis?

• Posted

u should ideally see a doctor for a proper diagnosis if u apply the wrong creams could make the situation worse i cannot be certain on exactly wat it is there are many skin issues with lots of different treatments some look similar to each other

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.