Could it be HIV?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I having hives for 12 weeks including this week from the unprotected sex. The hives are started as red itchy bumps that come and go quickly 2 days after the sex. At the moment i am also having conjunctivitis,a little night sweats ( body feels quite sticky during night),knee pain and some kind of strange feeling in my throat.Could it be HIV? If it sounds like HIV,the symptoms would appear for over 2 months?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

ive suffered these symptoms and worse For 9 week  I got a 4th generation test after 2,4,6 weeks after exposure and we’re all negative chances of my results changing are low so I would say no but best to get checked as all bodies are different 
    • Posted

I don’t want to say for sure you are not because I’m not a doctor but I’m a young lad of 23 my exposure was protected oral and sex but I had a burns wound on my leg which I panicked about so much these were two occasions with sexual workers in December I had a bad flu with hives and followed by all those symptoms you have and dry stingy eyes , bad pain in the stomach , so much dehydration , and load of other problems only thing you can do is get tested I’m going in 2 and abit weeks to get my 12 weeks burn accoring to doctor say I’m In the clear I have bad anxiety and I think the symptoms might be down to that but i have no idea I’ve been trying antibiotics and I’m going to get a throat scan and maybe a chest x Ray . I would say get tested get reassured I’m not sure what’s the illness is as I haven’t felt better yet but get tested I’ll support you on this forum sometimes it’s good just to talk about things 
  • Posted

Well when it comes to the bumps with STDs they don’t just come and go in 2 days. And most of your symptoms could be the possibility that it is winter and many people can pass conjunctivitis very easily. Specially since it’s airborne. As well as irritation in your throat and you’re possibility dealing with a bit of flu or cold. And when you have HIV the symptoms would be much more severe that you would be bed ridden. I would definitely follow up though with some STDs screening since you had unprotected sex just to be sure. Enough time has elapsed since your exposure that if you had anything it would show up on blood test.
    • Posted

If it is HIV and If i had ARS, after ARS,i would be in symptom free stage right? I am planning to take HIV test next week. So scared to get tested sad(( . I am taking anti allergic medicine. The hives are getting better tho.
    • Posted

Seeing as my symptoms have continued after the flu I would hope to say no you don’t have it and hoping when I get tested again in 6 weeks its same result I know the everyday panic and doctors can tell us to calm down as much as they can but no mind is going to calm until the 12 week testing mark and also what is that anti allergic medicine you use ?
    • Posted

I cant find the name in english.Hives are coming up with not intend to itch.Disappears as usual. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.