Could my gallstones be causing these symptoms

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone

I know I have gallstones, a gallbladder full of them to be precise, they were picked up on a pelvic scan. My question is could they be to blame for my symptoms over the last year? They are:

Lightheadedness

Pain in upper right abdomen

Digestive issues, loud tummy

Diahorea vs constipation sometimes

Weakness throughout body like I'll pass out

Pains in back

Pains in left arm

Raised liver function test

My dr seems to think I'm having vestibular migraines but I'm not convinced because of the gallstone diagnosis. I don't always get pain perhaps once per month, but the lightheaded feeling never leaves me.

Can gallstones cause lightheaded faint feelings even if the pain isn't present at that point. It's worth saying I've had a couple of ecgs to check heat and they were both fine.

Thank you all

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Did you found anything? I have same symptoms since last 3 years with recent finding of a 7mm gall stone. Please let me know as I am living a disabled like life.

• Posted

I have all the symptoms mentioned by original poster. I initially had non working gb and then got gallstones But only removing the GB will tell if  these symptoms are due to that or not. But 99% seems it has some thing to do with gallbladder.
    • Posted

Hi I'm no further along to be honest as symptoms have got a little better. I hope you get some answers soon

• Edited

Hello everyone. Im am a 30 year old Male. Out of all the searching iv done on the net this chat is the closest thing I have found to my symptoms. I have been feeling extremely light headed almost every time I eat anything. This includes extreme weakness and fatigue, my hands and feet and some times my legs go numb and tingly. My head and face get hot and tingly and I get some nausea but vary light. The worst part is feeling faint and slow somewhat confused or lack of wanting to talk or move. I have no pain. I do deal with belching, rumbling gut, bloating, and gas. A little over a year ago my guts would hurt so bad during a bowel movement that I would have to strip because I would sweat uncontrollably. When I experience these (what I call an episode) I go into shock as my body goes cold and weak. Sleep does help for a quicker recovery but I feel off for the next day or two (hard to eat or drink anything). I have had an EKG, blood test for diabetes, kidney and liver function, health of my blood cells and a blood pressure test. I passed all of them. I have yet to have my gallbladder checked out but plan to within a week or two. I have been taking some supplements like one a day for men, and two supplements my mother gave me to help my digestive systems. there used for people without a gallbladder. They are ProBiomeRX gut formula and Fermented Enzymes. These are all natural supplements. They are taken 3x a day. I take them 30min-1hr befor eatting and they tend to help alot. I have changed my diet to low carbs low transfat and little gluten. With out these supplements I can not eat with out feeling these feelings. I did notice about 6 months ago that everytime I ate something my gut would feel like butterfly's flapping around (this was befor I started getting light headed and numb). Iv seen many doctors but none can give me a reason besides anxiety, vertigo or diet and I know these are not the problem. I understand that everyone's body acts different from person to person but there has to be a middle ground. I know this post is old so I'm wondering if anyone has had a break through with the dizziness as it puts a stint in life activity. please feel free to email me a to have a discussion about this small but on going issue.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hello.

i am new to this site due to recently being diagnosed with having gallstones and after reading your post, I am having all of the same exact symptoms you have. i am scheduled to meet with a gastrointestinal surgeon for the removal of my gallbladder in the next few weeks. My question is did all of your symptoms resolve after your surgery?

• Posted

hi,

I suffered from nausea, pain in right hand side of ribs and light headiness due to gallstones. Stomach cramps and a general malaise. Had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago. Feeling better but it will take a while. Everyone is different but listen to the medical advice and be more informed on the options available.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.