Could this be an sti?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have a hard bump under the skin on my penis shaft. It isnt really painful and isnt a bother but im not sure what it is. It feels like plaque buildup connected under the skin because it has a hard consistency. Could this be syphilis?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

it also has been there for a couple weeks now

• Posted

Hey John,

It is difficult to tell if it is a symptoms of syphilis.

Would you mind telling me why you have this thought? Did you have any sexual contract with anyone you know has syphilis?

Regards,

• Posted

i have not had any sexual contact with anyone that carries syphilis. The reason i thought it might be syphilis is because i read stage one comes with usually a hard painless sore.

• Posted

i have only had one sexual partner and they do not have syphilis

• Posted

I understand now, so there is no worries about catching syphilis if you are sure about the people who had intercourse with you.

The 1st stage of syphilis is chancre but not like what you have in the picture.

I will give it few days to see if anything developed, or if you really worried or if that is really hurt, go to see the doctor, it could be different condition.

Regards,

• Posted

does not look like syphilis to me if u shave the shaft it most likely is associated with that

• Posted

no u wouldnt feel fordyce as a lump under the skin it wouldnt feel hard as u describe it could be a cyst /lymphocele/or fibrous tissue or some kind of spot /boil i would visit a doctor to establish which it is as i cannot be sure by looking at the photo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.