Could this be Anxiety or something bad??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone suffer with pains or weird feelings in their upper back?

It started off just feeling like something was pressing in my back as if I was leaning on something etc, but now I am having some pain (not constant) and aches. It's the right side , upper to middle of my back.

Of course I've googled and have every type of cancer you could possibly have.

Going out of my mind with worry.

(I have suffered with health anxiety for around 6 months now and have convinced myself I am dying over numerous things in that time) I feel like my family are getting annoyed with me everytime I mention something new and think I'm being silly but to me each thing I find is 'real' to me.

I had panic attack the other night when I was worrying about the pain in my back and couldn't stop crying over it.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It is proobably anxiety however what does your dr say?
    • Posted

I haven't been as feel like I daren't go as I've already been a couple of times in the last couple of months and don't want them to look at me like I'm stupid (that's another anxiety I have!!)

• Posted

Hi i have anxiety i told the doctor feeling like the chair is rocking and i stand by a wall all sitting it feel like my back moving inside the doctor said its anxiety. Don't worry

• Posted

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Hope you are ok. I hate this feeling 😢

• Posted

You are not on your own i was like you i though I was going mad it take me a long time to get answers. They told me it's was anxiety and stress building up in my body. Go to the doctors if it make you better that what they are there for. I keep on going to see my doctor i said to him its a wonder you have not throw me of the panel 😊

• Posted

hi does it feel like someones poking you in the back? or your leaning on something like a button on a cushion? i had that a few months ago, i thought i had spinal cancer, it lasted a while then it went away, i had jus started taking sertraline, so i thought it might be a SE but my dr said it was neurotic, do u take any meds?
    • Posted

I'm getting better on medication that feeling in my back and the rocking sessions this slowly going

• Posted

I forgot to say i have that feeling like some body pushing me in the back
    • Posted

hi vicky, does it feel like someones poking you in the back? or your leaning on something like a button on a cushion? i had that a few months ago, i thought i had spinal cancer, it lasted a while then it went away, i had jus started taking sertraline, so i thought it might be a SE but my dr said it was neurotic, do u take any meds?
    • Posted

Hi elaine yes i have that feeling when i in bed i feel like some body was rocking me. I be sitting here it feels like the chair is moving put its me. i feel like back is moving inside. Yes i started to take sertraline two months go started on 50mg for 4 weeks than i up it to 100mg last week i started to feel a lot better. I did feel like some body was pocking me in my back. How long have you been on sertraline?
    • Posted

Was you getting dizziness and lightheaded before you take the medicine?
    • Posted

Mine was due to a beta blocker once the dr changed the brand the light headedness and dizziness disappeared. I had a small dose of valium just 2 mgms that floored me. It too about two weeks to waer off. That is how sensitive I am to meds. Another baddie was codeine prescribeed for a  dislocated shoulder and back pain, never again.

Worth having a neurological examination though to reassure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.