Could this be balanitis, or something more serious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 21 and this occurred recently. It started with one small red patch of skin on the head of my penis, accompanied by what can only be described as 2 very small bubble like spots on the ridge of my penis. There was no fluid, no pain and it went within a few days.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I started to get multiple red patches on the shaft of my penis, and a few pimple looking spots on the ridge of my penis again. Accompanied by little red dots over my penis head. Again, there was no pain during this period at all, apart from the slightest tingling sensation while having a dehydrated (yellow) pee. My penis also had a distinct bad at times. This took longer, (about a week and a half) to clear up.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I suffer from angular cheilitis during this time, so maybe it is possible that I had given myself a yeast infection down there transmitted from my mouth?

I am going for an STI test within the next week, however was just looking for any peace of mind.

I have had unprotected sex.

Questions welcome and I'll answer as best I can.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.