Could this be due to anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'v had really bad panic attacks recently but for a good few months every time i'm ready to sleep my mouth gets really dry and i feel like i cant brethe. I'm getting really tired of it. I drink plently of water, also i have a habit of putting the viks vapour rub on me every night because i'm scared i'll stop breathing.

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

it's so scary....and unfortunatelly you probably start to panic which makes you feel like you're dying......you may be battling with anxiety....do you have a doctor you're comfortable talking to about this?  This is a great place for you to read what others are going through....u are definitely not alone!!!! 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think that this could be a panic attack, and it is best you go get checked with a doctor. I feel you. You have to fight it off.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

if you aren t sure and want to calm yourself a little you can talk to a doctor but i m pretty sure that s due to anxiety. try some tea before bedtime, and when you feel that dry mouth try not to panic. see if that helps. how much water do you drink a day?/if you use fizzy drinks or cola/pepsi/coffee you should diss them.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Aimee, having a dry mouth is a very common anxiety symptom. I don't think what or how much you drink has that much of an effect on it, but I'm guessing drinking water when your mouth feels dry brings some immediate relief? I wish I had some practical advice for you but instead just wanted to say it's very common and typical with anxiety, as is the feeling that you can't breathe, so nothing to worry about too much – but yes very annoying! The one thing to remember is that anxiety symptoms aren’t around when you're asleep so your breathing is almost certainly completely normal until you wake up in the morning.

All the best,

Anya

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up