could this be std or just rash

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 3 days ago i had a sudden rash and i scratch myself in my pelvic area alot!, the next day when i was in the shower it hurts and i took a look and it was all red, took a couple of pics and found even injuries, could this be caused due to the scratch or should i be worried of an std? i havent had sex in the past 8 months due to an accident and i was recovering

here are the pics:

https://ibb.co/album/jvfgWF

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Looks like Impetigo. This usually disappears as mysteriously as it appeared in about 2-3 weeks. You have probably scratched the blisters off and made the area sore. You need to keep the area clean and dry,but if its really bothering you and seems to be persisting after 3 weeks there are antibiotics to be had from your doctor. Its normal for it to spread before it finally resolves.  Often seen in the folds of skin around the groin.     It can be infectious so keep your hands very clean and keep away from babies,pregnant women and anyone having chemo. its not an STD.
  • Posted

You probably don't have it because you had no sexual contact in eight months. But, you should still have it checked out and treated. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.