Could this be the light at the end of the dark tunnel?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I finally woke up this morning feeling very good. Haven't felt like this in probably a year. But I am almost scared to feel too happy, as I'm afraid it won't last. I still don't have all my motivation back. I would so appreciate any thoughts and encouragement right now, as I don't really know how to act and a little anxious.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Karen,

Aprreciate your quick response and input. I will continue to hang in there ! 

• Posted

Could really do with some words of encouragement I'm now on my 12th day of 20mg fluoxetine and I'm so tired constantly, I have a newborn which doesn't help but the tiredness is killing me when does it get better, after the first week I felt brill had a day where I even made breakfast but now my appetite has gone and I just feel tired and sick
    • Posted

I'm so sorry for the delay, Michelle, I just now saw your post. These are symptoms most everyone has. At first I didn't have any appetite at all and I slept or laid on the couch almost all day. But it does get better. It just takes time. I know it is even harder with a newborn. How are you feeling today?
    • Posted

I'm not too bad still get horrible thoughts and can be quite down at times but my anxiety isn't as bad and I can now leave the house without feeling like I'm going to die, some days are better than others, now on my fourth week and feeling more down days at the minute
    • Posted

I know what you mean by horrible thoughts. I've had many of those. But it's not you thinking those thoughts, it's the illness. You sound like you are progressing like most of us. It seems like it is taking forever to get better. Three steps forward, then two steps back. Don't be alarmed by this, (easier said than done, right?) it is the way these meds work. Please keep talking and reading posts. It helps alot to talk and know that we are not the only one going through this. Sometimes we need assurance everyday.
    • Posted

I just hate the cycle somedays I feel ok but today I feel horrible, I'm so tired and there's nothing to do which doesn't help I just want to run away I feel so helpless and my husband doesn't understand that our location isn't helping, I need a fresh start but then I'd get into the same crap routine and feel the same as I do now..... I feel like I'm never gonna get better I want to be normal but I feel like it's never gonna happen
    • Posted

Yeah, I felt really anxious this morning. I laid back down in bed and prayed some and fell back to sleep. When I woke up I felt better.  You will feel normal again. I know it's hard, but keep taking it one day at a time. Can you get out for a stroll with the baby? It can help to get out for short spells.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.