Could this be the reason my period is irregular ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So back in Jan I was very stressed, my period came down very light for that month and feb. Btw I am 18.5 years old, and I have never had sex. Anyways, during quarantine I changed my eating habits. I used to eat pretty trashily, I loved my junk food and carbs; that attributed to yk weight issues. But after quarantine, rn at most I am not eating that way anymore. For march my period came down barely, April it was one day, and then May it came down no days. I had an eczema flare up which I have not had since I was 11. My acne is virtually gone, I have my random 1-2 pimples but that's it. And my body has been cleansing itself. Do you all think that my diet change had something to do with my irregular period, and eczema flare up? I have been under a lot of stress too from college.

And I heard doctors may put me on birth control to regulate, does this work and how does it work?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi . stress can cause you period to change so can diet as well as weight loss or gain .I found for me I know when its stress , can't really explain why just the way its feels i guess. I would highly recommend going to Doctor if its worrying you . you can take the pill to regulate period but if a doctor tries to just give you the pill without checking if everything is normal first i would get a second option.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

thanks for the reply! what does the pill do and how does it work?

• Posted

so the combined pill is what probably use in your case. Contain both progesterone and estrogen , it stop pregnancy by thickening the mucus membrane to prevent sperm getting to an egg and also by thinning the womb lining making a egg less to attach once fertilised.

its regulate period by the you take it for 21 days and stop taking it for 7 days . most will bleed during the 7 days.

i personally hate the pill the side effects were awful for me nut may women find it the best to prevent pregnancy and control period. it can a while to get the right pill for you as there is many different versions.

hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.