Could this be withdrawal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone relate, could this be withdrawal? I started withdrawing 3 weeks ago and I've gone from 15mg to 14mg in that time. The last 2 days I've felt so weak especially in my legs, a heavy agitated nausea in my stomach and woozy wobbly head so I feel almost dizzy walking. I keep panicking walking just around my house and need to lie down and rest which is hard with 3 children to cook and care for.

I just showered and I'm lying down exhausted. I do have chronic fatigue issues the last 18 months but this feels different to my normal fatigue and ill feelings I have. I just wondered if it could be mirt? Yesterday was terrible, I couldn't walk all day as I felt so weak, dizzy and faint. Stronger than my usual crashes I have with my chronic fatigue issues. I couldn't cook for my family and had to lie down most of the day which made me feel useless. I had severe anxiety all day which I do if I crash with my chronic fatigue but the anxiety was pretty strong to the point of panic when I walked around. Not nice at all. I think I'd be reassured if I knew mirt withdrawal can feel physically like this. Can anyone relate?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jingyd.I can't really speak to the withdrawals from Mirt.,as I am just starting it going from 15mg to 30 mg starting 15 weeks ago.I was also being weaned off of Paxil after 20 years and being added Gabapetin for pain from  IBS.I had a tough day today and working in a high stress enviroment and a warehouse at that, which physically doesn't help my IBS,  made it really,really bad today.What I can say is don't give up.Keep going because I trust it will get better thru the healing Of God and faith in Jesus Christ.I pray that you will feel better tomorrow and trust that you will be filled with the Holy Spirit.I pray that you and your family have better days and that with each passing day IT WILL GET BETTER!!Love to you and your family.God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Keep reading the story's on this forum and you'll feel reassured. I'm 6 months on from a cold turkey withdrawal and it took 4 hard months before I could say I felt like the old me again.

The Anxiety was the hardest thing about all of this for me and It took being prescribed a more general A/D for my Symptoms to go and Phenergan which helps me sleep.

Stick with it, i got there in the end and it's worth it. you feel so crap so many days that your appitite goes for junk food and you lose most of the weight you put on before taking it.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.