Could this this be herpes and is it possible that I could have caught hiv at the same time?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About two weeks ago, I had protected anal sex and did dry humping with a male friend of mine.  He pre cum a lot during our dry humping and I did had some bruises on my penis a few days ago.

Four days after that, I started to itch between my thighs(thought it was due to the heat and my jock itch), and saw some boils with a white center appeared. These were single boils about my inner thighs and sides of my scrotum. They then burst and appeared to be like canker/ulcer sores.

I'm honestly scared that this is in fact genital herpes and that I even caught hiv from him. He complained about weight loss and that he has thyroid trouble....which I can only assume that it is symptoms of hiv.

I've made a huge mistake. Can I do an hiv test at four weeks or should I wait for the three month's mark to get tested for both herpes and hive?

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

It's unlikely that you've picked up either herpes or HIV from protected anal sex and dry humping, but if you have multiple boils around your thighs and scrotum, I'd go and get tested anyway.  It's probably just friction damage or jock itch though.

You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Thyroid trouble and possible weight loss don't mean that your friend has HIV either btw.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What you describe sounds more like Scabies. Scabies is a mite infection. They burrow under the skin causing itching and blisters that can pop and leak clear fluid. I would go to see a doctor and get it checked as Scabies are tough to get rid of. You need to apply a insecticide cream from head to toe and leave it on over night, then all your clothes, towels, and bedding need to be washed in hot water, also dried on high. Not that it is Scabies, but it sure sounds like it to me. It can happen to anyone that has contact with someone that is infected. Good Luck to you and hope you get well soon. Also, good job on using a condom. Be safe.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've be thinking that it could have been Scabies but I can't remember if they would cause the sores to look like canker/ulceration. I'll get it checked out and update the post. Thank you very much.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

With the 4th generation test, you can deceted hiv 10 days after sex.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I see. Well there's no way you can catch Hiv from air humping. If you had protect anal sex, that also slims down your chances. Any other test can deceted hiv 6 weeks after exposure. Almost 95% get the right answer after 6 weeks.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up