counting down the days...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having my op on the 25th so  7 days to go and counting smile This friday I have to go on for bloods  which they did already but they mentioned something about saving this one??? Anyone else had this.? Also are they looking to see if it is inflamed  so then they can decided wether to operate or not ? It has been mentioned to me if its inflamed they wont operate for 6 weeks at least! I cant wait any longer. This has been going on for 6 months now.

I am really struggling with discomfort now. I cant lean up against anything with out it triggering the discomfort.I cant travel in the car it is just too uncomfortable and lieing in bed is so difficult and takes me an age to get comfortable. I cant move my right arm out far as it will also trigger the pain .Then i wake up in the morning feeling relly sick and sore and it takes all morning to ease off. If  I get hungry that makes the sickness  and discomfort worse. I take sickness tabs dr gave me but they knock me out. I am only eating plain veg and porridge.  I have one large stone in the GB. I have the odd stabbing pain but have never had severe pain just nagging pain most of the time in the right side and round the back.

I cant wait for next week!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane sorry your suffering. I wish
    • Posted

I wish you well with your operation. I had 1 large stone too as did my cousin. Watch the fatty foods for a while after the operation and get plenty of rest. Wishing you a successful outcome. All the best and keep us posted. X
    • Posted

Thanks Ace. Yes I will defintely be steering clear of the high  fat as the weight loss  ( 2 stone at moment! ) has been an added bonus smile
  • Posted

Bless you I was in countdown to mine too and yes it does seem to get worse nearer the time too,,, didn't have bloods taken twice so sorry no idea why that is,,, i am now two weeks post op tomorrow and eventually (had a problem with a stitch digging in and slight infection) but felt better right away and now the site pain is easing feeling better by the day... Definitely don't regret having the op.... Hope all goes well, hang in there x
  • Posted

Not sure about bloods. I only had to go and give blood once before my operation.

I had gallbladder removed at end of April.

Still having to be careful what I eat but I am a lot better than I was before.

Good luck hope they are able to operate sooner rather than later.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hello Jane, I believe the reason they want recent blood is to Do a group and save of your blood type in case you need a blood transfusion not everywhere does this but some hospitals do, it could be that you have a less common blood type.

Best of luck for next week, mine is next month. please come on and let us know how it all goes.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, Yes your right now you said that I remeber them saying something about group and save. So thanks for clearing that up for me. I will definitely come on as soon as I can and let you all know how it went. And also as my journey progresses.  I have found this forum to be such a  brillant help  so I want to do my bit to  share and hopefully put others minds at rest  smile All the best for yours next month. I look forward to hearing how you get on  smile
  • Posted

Jane,

Goodluck on the surgery. Drawing blood work is standard procedure. Just checking to make sure other issues dont occur. Make to tell them if you are taking any meds. Also go ahead and stock up on some soups, bread, crackers, brown/white rice. Rest as much as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.