Covid-19 symptoms and menopause not good.

Posted , 6 users are following.

The last 12 days have been hard my husband had been working down in London and 12days ago he became unwell with sore throat bad headache and aching limbs he contacted NHS111 and they told him to isolate for 7 days as he was showing signs of covid-19 and i had to self isolate for 14 days i thought i had been lucky but on day 7 of isolation my temp went up and i had a headache like no other before felt like i had been hit with a metal bat, I am now on day 6 of being unwell and my body aches are so so painful i just want to cry. This is the first time i have had a fever since being post meno my hot flushes have really ramped up to a lot more and lasting a lot longer and because my temp is raised already i really feel i'm going to hit boiling point. I need some reasurence my hot flushes will calm down once im well again.

All keep safe and well

Karen

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a strange little illness three weeks ago. It started out of nowhere with this fever that just ramped up for a few hours. Then, I had a sore throat and a strange headache for a week. Every night the fever would return and then disappear a few hours later. I have asthma and it was very steady for a week. I was also a bit fatigued and with a general blah feeling. It was all very odd. I never developed a cough or became seriously unwell. It was mostly just a week of sore throat, headache, tiredness, and intermittent fevers. Feel better! xo

• Posted

Hi Staci,

It almost sounds like you have had the virus as we have been looking into the virus and people suffer all different symptoms its not all about the cough and fever now. We both have had mild fever and barely a cough you could speak of.

When they bring out the test to see if you are immune to it comes out we are defantly going to buy a couple., for peace of mind.

Take care

Karen

• Posted

I would love to know if I have the antibodies. I would feel superhuman and would be able to go to the store and run errands for the vulnerable population. xo

• Edited

HI Karen

im exactly in the same position as you

my husband became poorly two weeks ago and me five days later

im two years post menopause and already going through the worst health anxiety

my anxiety causes breathlessness and so does covid 19 so double whammy for me

i have never been so ill

i actually thought i was dying

depression has set in because my mental health is always imagining the worst case scenario

the symptoms are awful just as you explained i feel like i have lost a week of my life

my husband is on day 14 and coming out of it

im feeling slightly better but being in isolation im just focusing on my breathing every waking moment

it is actually torture

this has always been a problem for me even before covid 19

i almost wanted to give up

just wanted to give you some reassurance that i know what your going through x

i had an oxygen sensor prior to this that would reassure my oxygen level was ok but even that is not helping me right now

this virus has really tipped me over the edge x

• Posted

Michelle, Karen,

Praying for healing for both. Praying for peace of mind. I too struggle with health anxiety and all of this with the virus has made mine at the absolute worse.

Hugs to you both!

• Posted

I'm in perimenopause and I stay mostly Indoors as I also suffer from anxiety and it gets worse when I have a runny nose or sinus congestion as I'm fearing it's covid 19. It's been ongoing for over a month now. I'm actually having bad perimenopause symptoms on most days.

So I understand how you feel, it's not easy but we have to hang in there and with patience soon all this shall pass.

Hugs to all of you.

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.