CP or a different Bowel Disorder?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all!

Ive been having a rough past month. First, I was diagnosed with parianal abscess, which took about a week to recover but I was on a nasty spell of antibacterial that made my stomach turn. Though, once I finished them, these past two weeks I had two "episodes," dont know if its my CP or something else....

So I would get a flare up and just be extremely exhausted one day, vomit a lot in the morning then just kind of hang. Next day, I dont feel as bad, just really tired. Third day, I am fine. As someone with CP, I always think right to my pancreas. But could this be something else? I have pain on my lower RIGHT side, not left, and still have some constant bloating and gas. This has happened twice in the past two weeks so any advise would be great!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I don't have much to say, except that it doesn't sound like CP. With CP, once it starts, it's one long, ongoing bout of nausea and vomiting mixed with terrible abdominal / chest / back pain.

The exhaustion sounds like malnutrition to me.

With the pain occurring on the right side, it could be your gallbladder.

I would see if you can get a GI appointment and see if you have gastritis or something else. Does it burn? Any GERD-like issues? Have you eaten anything you shouldn't have? But no, I wouldn't blame the CP.

I do hope you feel better. Please do keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.