Cracks/cuts on labia and green discharge

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had cuts or cracks on my labia before, it usually comes about after having sex that is rough and we have only lubricated the vagina opening and not the labia and other areas, this can be irritated by showering and then drying, but I have been taking special care to pat-dry, it can also be irritated after urinating.

Essentially my labia and a few other areas on my genitals have become sore and a little bit itchy at times, probably as a cause of cuts that I can't see properly, but I did make the mistake of having sex again, quite rough sex, this didn't really hurt at the time but afterwards I could feel the irritation, that was last night. This morning I woke up to use the toilet and a relatively large amount of light green discharge came out, it had no odour as far as I could tell.

I seem to only get this kind of discharge when my vagina has these cuts and cracks, are these two things related?

It is highly unlikely that I have an STI like gonhorrea or chlamydia, we are both monogamous and I trust him wholly, however we do/did have unprotected sex and I have ended up with a UTI before because of this. I would like a second opinion before I go off to the doctor because my GP is half an hour away and I don't have a car.

Before when I have had this kind of discharge it has gone away on its own. My discharge seems to change a lot, from having almost no discharge to a lot of it, white to green, different consistencies, is this because I am having unprotected sex?

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Dryness or rough sex. How old are you? The skin gets thinner the older we get.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Given your age , that rules out atrophic vaginitis or estrogen deficiency as Barbara1974 correctly suggested..

I'm going to make a guess that at 19 you have a modern view of female pubic hair "grooming" , which is to say, waxed or shaved to minimal or no hair? Although more appealling to many than the 1970's bush, there are disadvantages for the skin of the vulva/vaginal area. Hair acts as a lubricant on it's own. Removing the hair makes the skin subject to higher skin bacterial counts and thus more easily infected when nicked or cut or dried out. If you are sure about your monogamous relationship, let yourself heal, then consider the above and take extra care of your skin with lubricant  +++.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You're right, I have recently (in the last year) started to shave down there, I personally just prefer having less hair, my boyfriend doesn't really care though so I may try letting the hair grow out. Thanks for the advice, should I contact a doctor? Before when this has happened it has gone away on its own, and I haven't had much discharge since this morning at all.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Why not try it both ways and then make a decision?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up