Cramping

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I had keyhole surgery Tuesday to remove my gallbladder and also understand the cramping pain I was in tears last night sweating as the pain was so bad I thought t

he gas would of gone as they said it would be better in an hour ,it's been 4 days does anyone know how I can feel better thank you .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Being as mobile as you can helps shift the gas/wind .taking painkillers will help you be mobile. Hope that helps.
  • Posted

Try to move about. Short walks around the house helps to move the gas. And try to keep on top of the pain with painkillers. Take them every 4-6 hours so it doesn’t get to an unbearable level. Some people say peppermint tea helps as well. Hope your pain goes away soon xx
  • Posted

I took Percocet for the first few days as well as using an icepack.that helped alit with the pain. I hope you feel better soon. I have been given advice from wonderful people here- give your body time to heal.
  • Posted

You've had major surgery, and the gas has to dissipate through your tissues, too.  Take pain meds regularly and take short walks around the house to help the gas move through your system.

Remember it will take about 6 weeks for the outside incisions to heal, but much, much longer, as much as 6 months for your insides to knit together.  Don't over do it.  You have this one chance to heal well.  Give your body the time it needs. xx

• Posted

Thx for this advice .I'll remember it when I get my surgery smile

• Posted

Hi Zoe

1. Walk around as much as you can.

2. Take prescribed pain meds as instructed.

3. Heard raising foot of bed helps, but never tried it. 

Hope you feel better soon. Remember you’ve had an organ removed so take care of yourself, don’t lift anything and take naps when you need to.

• Posted

Hi Zoe

It took about 10 days for all the air to disperse for me in that time I only had one really, really painful episode that lasted about 4 hours and in the end it was peppermint capsules that helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.