Crampy stomach after eating but no other symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lately I have been having some stomach pain/cramps after eating. I don't think it is food allergies or intolerance bc I'm not eating anything I don't normally eat and it only started recently. It isn't a bowel issue bc I've gone to the bathroom normally too.

I was curious if it could be IBS or GERD bc I also feel very bloated/full easily. But I don't have any other symptoms. No diarrhea, no heartburn, no nausea. Just a crampy/painful feeling in stomach. Anyone have any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You should go to a doctor if you are concerned. On this forum you won't get an answer just people guessing. It could be Gerd, Gastritis,Stomach bug, Ulcer, so you take your choice. Get help ok. Good Luck.

• Posted

For it to be IBS, you would be experiencing change of bowel habit.  IBS is an irritable bowel.

.If you are experiencing pain after eating, this sounds like a food is irritating your stomach.  You may be eating something that you have suddenly become sensitive to and you haven’t noticed.  Id doesn’t always have to be due to something new that you have eaten. Try a food diary.  Gastritis can also cause stomach pain after eating.

If you had GERD, you would be experincing hearburn or silent heartburn which can show up as a cough first before you feel the burning.  See your doctor to get answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.