crazy health worry!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well my health anxiety is driving me nuts! Currently I am obsessed that I have rabies! I have a new puppy, and the responsibility has increased my anxiety to really high levels. Of course I've had bites and scratches from the puppy, that's what puppies do, so I think my anx has zerod in on the worst possible scenario. In the UK we are classed as rabies free,the puppy isn't rabid as far as I can tell and I know it's just nonsense, I just can't get it out of my head!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi jmcg,

I doubt you have rabies it is that thing called anxiety you have got .Please what ever you do don't go on Dr Google because you will convince yourself you have it.With our minds we home in on something and cannot get it out of our minds .I am sure you would be very ill if you had.The scratches and little nips as you say happen with puppies,please try and get it out of your head (easier said than done I know)

Just enjoy your puppy who will soon be over that stage so enjoy the playtime while a puppy,like children you will look back and thnk where has that growing up time gone.

Good Luck

Joan

• Posted

Thanks Joan, yeah my anx is super high at the mo, I need up in hospital from lack of food and dehydration, not through a conscious decision, just because I was so wrapped up in it all. So despondent now. For the first time I am off sick from work, always managed to keep going in work,but just can't anymore 
    • Posted

Sorry did you say your in Hospital,you really must eat even some nutrition drinks if you cannot manage a meal

good Luck

Joan

• Posted

Yes sorry - auto corrected. I'm not in there anymore, just trying to recover at home
    • Posted

Oh right well you have done well getting out and remember that,you don't want to go back so please try and eat properly and drink(water of cause LOL

Joan

• Posted

Im doing my best - one thing I learned was that water actually isn't very good for hydration! It contains no minerals lol
    • Posted

jmcg

Really I thought water was good for you, think it depends who says it what paper you read you don't know who to believe do you if we took notice of everything that is published don't know what we would eator drink.

• Posted

The hospital told me it's good for stopping you becoming dehydrated, but not to replenish if you already are,orange juice or coconut water are better apparently 
    • Posted

Ok something you learn every day,are you in the U.K

• Posted

Suppose to replenish you need salts like in dioralyte probably not spelt right,have not heard of coconut water that's why I wondered if you were in theUK
    • Posted

I hadn't heard of it either, but you can get it in supermarkets
    • Posted

Oh right,so what's on the menu tonight for eating and entertainment. Pizza and salad here and television so exciting LOL

• Posted

lol your spot on actually, britains got talent, a bit of pizza - but a shave and a shower first!
    • Posted

Beat you had my shower in my ONSIE,probably not for you but then I am not going to shave either lol try and have a good evening.

• Posted

Lol no I don't think a onesie would suit me! I will thanks,u too
    • Posted

Glad you can spell it though you don't have to wear it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.