Crazy legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced tight feeling in like they need to keep stretching the muscle I have been getting this experience after having sex YIKES!!!!!!!! Not that I like it but have to try and keep the hubby happy but seems like my muscles in my legs get so tight almost like it wants to cramp but doesn't seems to be starting at the low back then down my leg is this something of the ugly menopause or maybe just another symptom

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

My Dear Monique,

Menopause is a tricky thing! Everyone has all kind of side effects. So it could be.

with peri-menopause, you name it I had it! Joint pain, headaches, insomnia, no sex(you are a good wife) I love my hubby, but I want nothing to do with sex, no energy, I can't stand being around people etc. I can write a book. I have the pain your talking about without sex for the last 3 days. I thought it had to do with the weather here. I'm in eastern Oa USA . But who knows, it could be from menopause.

How old are you?

Maggie

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I will be 51yrs old in Sept I have been without a period for the pass almost 3 years I get so many symptoms it's crazy I get the tension headaches then my allergies have kicked up for force they have just been crazy my eyes are dry my nose is dry my head feels tight the anxiety is horrible I feel doomed at times I don't know this thing called menopause is horrible I get the fluttering stomach sometimes nauseated don't want to eat just want to sit on my bed all day
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Monique,

I am 53 and experiencing the same. I can have a headache for 3 days! I also have allergies, eyes are really weird. I can rub them all day.

I too can stay home all day and not even think about going anywhere . Or seeing anyone.

I'm at a place where I feel contact brings conflict, so it's best I stay away. I know I also read into things and obsess on past things said. My mind is in a constant battle. At one point I even didn't like to drive. I became fearful of everyday living!

How do I cope?

I try to eat a better diet

I sometimes need to push myself into things, once done, I'm happy I did.

If I don't feel comfortable or think I won't feel comfortable going somewhere, I will not go and wild horses couldn't drag me there!!

I haven't been to my husbands Christmas party in 4 years!

I isolated myself from some family and friends, and for now I absolutely like it that way. They are all aware of my state. I just told everyone I'm in a depression. Because it is very similar and my anxiety has put me in a position where I am in a depression. I really felt at one point I was going out of my mind.

I am for once in my life being good to myself!

And I pray to my Lord to help me through.

I also only surround myself with upbeat people, (the people I like to be around). Upbeat music and shows.

I needed to get on HRT, it has really helped me and things have gotten better. More good days than bad days.

I have been going through this since age 41.

I only got on HRT, a year ago .

Thanks for letting me vent.

Take Care of yourself, because if you don't...no one will.

Maggie xo

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Monique, It might must be something simple as your body wanting to cramp. Both my husband and I take Magnesium, it works wonders for leg type cramps, which we both were getting.  We no longer get them.  We just take them along with our other daily vitimans.  But, you might want to run it by your regular doctor.  Maybe you are not relaxing when "keeping hubby happy", you might also mention this to your doc too, if you could relax more, you too might be able to enjoy that part of it too!  That is a wonderful part of our lives too, especially at our ages! You might find you even feel better all around!  wink  Wouldn't hurt to ask your doc about all of it!  There are things the doc can help with to make things much more enjoyable!  And it's perfectly ok to enjoy it!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Monique, I must appologize for my spelling in my response...my fingers are not working right today...today is a very foggy day for me!  Yes...one of "those" days!!  What we refer to as a meno day!  I started the new HRT pill this morning, so we will see how it works.  From what I have learned, it may take a while before it starts to work.  I am hoping, since I have already been on Premarin since I was 33, (I am now 61)  maybe it won't take as long.  Wishful thinking!  I am wishing you much luck Dear!!  Keep us posted!  I really do hope you make an apt with your doctor, and see what they have to say!!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up