Crazy period!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good morning all!

My period started yesterday and I had the weirdest symptoms ever! I felt weak, nauseous, cold, shaky, anxious and just bad all over. It was the worst onset to my period that I have ever experienced. Have any of you had this?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi.  Yes, I've just had one of those last week.  The worst one I've ever had, ever.  I have been having irregular periods for the past year, but this one, terrible cramps, nauseous, couldn't look at food, aching legs,  feelings that my stomach was going to explode, very, very uncomfortable and not had one like this before.   When it was over, felt bad for a number of days, then it lifted and felt quite upbeat,  now this week, aching joints, but nothing else.  I wonder if this was the last one?  who knows.  How long have you been having irregular periods (if you are)?

• Posted

Hi I too had the same symptoms last week it the worst start to a period I have ever know was supposed to travel down south that day 20 mins into journey had turn round and go home anxiety was so bad, period finished now but still feel allover the place. 
    • Posted

i know Donna.  This one was frightening, so much so, it sent me running back to doctors and now I am on the testing merry-go-round once again.  You'd swear they had never come across any menopausal women before!  They can't even reassure you there and then - all I am looking for is someone in the medical profession to say 'look, this is quite normal, happens to every woman and maybe have some knowledge as to where I'm at - is it nearing the end, but no, blood tests and other tests all over again.  nuisance.

• Posted

Ive booked myself into the Drs but can't get an appointment until the 16th need to get this sorted as can't plan anything incase it happens again 

• Posted

i know, the worst thing is because cycle is all over the place, you'd be afraid that if you were going somewhere special, or just had plans, that this would hit and knock you for six!  They can't sort it Donna, they are clueless..

• Posted

Yes I got mine 2 days ago, the cramps are horrendous, hardly any bleeding Its the hormones or lack of during peri. This period has taken 35 days to arrive but before that I had 7 periods in 3 and half months

It's usual peri symptoms take ibuprofen it's helps the best wI think symptoms and can reduce blood flow

• Posted

Are your periods still regular? Are you Perimenopausal?
    • Posted

My periods are fairly regular give or take. Doctors claim I'm not in peri because my hormones are all within normal limits. But I have all the symptoms of peri and then some. I am 42 and have only one ovary. I was told that once they took the ovary that would thrust me into early menopause. I had this done over 15 years ago. My mom went into menopause early right after she had me at age 42. She said a year later she was done. The doctors can't seem to see this is peri. They say I'm too young. What idiots! They can tell me what it's not but can't tell you what it is. Real geniuses!

• Posted

My ob/Gyn is also an endocrinologist and a blood test he ordered was to be done specifically on day 2 or 3 of my period which confirmed I'm in perimenopause. I went to see him yesterday to discuss these aweful symtoms and he prescribed me synthroid and progesterone to be taken starting day 16 after my cycle starts for 12 consecutive days each month. I just picked up the meds yesterday and too early to report how its working. I want my old self back!!!

• Posted

I have an appointment to see my regular doctor on September 2nd. I will ask her for a referral to see an Endocrinologist. I think medically speaking they are really the only ones who can tell us what's going on since hormones are what they specialize in. I will be glad to hear the words "you're in peri menopause." Hopefully they can give me something to help sort these hormones out.

• Posted

Peri can start earlier. After seeing p psychiatrist for almost 3 yrs due to depression and anxiety I never had before, I was the one who realized that peri was the cause of my mental issues. You cannot trust all physcians, and if you have a doc like you say, time for a change
  • Posted

I would call your gyno and tell them these symptoms, I think they should know.
    • Posted

She knows. I had my regular annual earlier this year and she ran hormone tests and even checked my thyroid and everything came back normal. She didn't prescribe anything. I've just been winging it on my own by trying otc products or herbal supplements. Haven't hit the nail on the head yet with anything that works effectively.

• Posted

Shar,

The only thing I question is that my thyroid came back normal but still put on synthroid, but the progesterone too.

• Posted

Yeah that is odd. Maybe your numbers came back normal within the range of what they consider normal but he was erring on the side caution in case your numbers were close to showing hypothyrodism. I don't know I'm just guessing. He should have told you why he was prescribing it.

• Posted

He did, but has a heavy accent and never understood him well. I didn't want to be rude by telling him I cannot quite understand him so I'm thinking of calling the nurse to ask more questions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.