CRHT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can you request to be taken off their books or whatnot? I don't want to see them anymore, is this my choice?

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

hi dondon please excuse me but who are CRHT are they your local mental health team if they are much would depend on what there assessment of your current status but if you volountry asked for help i would presume its your choice as to weather you want to stay on there books i would be inclined. to ask your doctor what you need to do to be taken off the CRHT please let me know how you get on david
    • Posted

Hi David, yes they are, my gp referred me during an appointment, said he was worried so called them and from then on ive been in their care, don't want to go into detail on here but I don't want their care anymore but I don't know if it's my choice or whether I am obliged to see them regardless of my feelings? X
    • Posted

hi donna looking at yoir reply i would say that you would need to see your doctor as it was him who refered you its worth discussing this with your doctor that way you keep your self right ! i do wish you all the best and let me know how you get on ! if you feel better send a private message ! david
    • Posted

Im worried about talking to my GP too because they all talk to each other.

I can't pm you, won't allow me to xx

• Posted

try approaching them direct then it might help david !
    • Posted

It may also makes things worse, this is why I don't know what to do, sorry if I'm being cryptic just can't and don't want to go into too much detail on here xx
  • Posted

Hi Dondon it is entirely your choice whether or not you see your counsellors so  contact them direct  No one can make you unless you are sectioned.   Are you sure though?   x

• Posted

It's a little more complicated than that though but it's my choice to say I don't want anything to do with them anymore?

Im worried really worried xx

• Posted

Yes.  No one can make you seek treatment if you choose not to.   Bev x

• Posted

What's crht? Is that like where they electrocute your brain?
  • Posted

Does crht scar you and hurt?
    • Posted

shyboy your thinking of ect electro convulsive therapy ! the other thing is the mental health team !
  • Posted

Dondon why do you not want Crht?  If it helps You get back to your usual self surely that's what counts.

what does your partner/boyfriend/girlfriend think?

what do your friends do to help?

Do you have someone you trust to talk too?

• Posted

Hi Dondons, you can cease any treatment anytime you want, you dont need to give a reason, however I would perhaps let them know why and go into as much or as little reason as you see fit.

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.