crippling health anxciety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well i guess im on here like a lot of people freaking out over my health . 

My situation started about 9 months after my daughter was born , I was going to sleep one night after a bbq and lay down and was just about to go asleep and felt like my hear was stopping , I just up out of the bed not able to breath my whole face went numb and hand was tingling and my feet i could only crawl along the floor , my husband called an ambulane and rushed into A&E then done heart test ekg chest exray bloods and all was fine .

couple months later I still didnt feel right went back in with problems breathing they done chest xray and said everything was clear went home slighty relieved , Then coupld of weeks later I was getting a lump in my throat i couldnt eat felt sick felt like i could only eat puered food so back to the doctor i went said he didnt feel any lumps of bumps and said we will get a scope done anyway , got that done and consultant had a good look around and said my lower esophogus was slighty inflamed and gave me gastro tablets to take which i did and a year passed all was good . 

Last week I was getting really bad pains in my stomach went to A&E and also having kneck pain my my muscle from my side of my kneck is swollen i thought it was my thyroid doctor checked my thyroid and made me swallow said everything looks fine and gave me an anti implamotry for my shoulder . ( which is not heloing really ) 

At the momenet my throat is back being sore and trouble eating again and swallowing and tightness all around my back and ribs and kneck 

so im now thinking i Have cerival cancer ( had smear done 2 years ago everything was clear ) i think i have esophougus cancer or lymphoma . 

Im in a really viocus cylcle with my self and from the moment i wake up until i go to sleep at night and worry about health or i have some sort of cancer that im going to die of soon and im thinking they have missed something ... 

im really drained at the moment and can not concentreate on my work or my family all i wanna to is go to bed when i go home from work as i ache from head to toe 

going out of my mind sad 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pauline know how you feel I've been like that for years my first sign is lump in my throat. Had Cbt and I had to do pie charts a to what it could be and you have to try and think rationally I know it's hard but then you realise it is just your anxiety and if the docs thought it was anything more they'd send you for more tests.I wax really worried about dying and lying in abed with my family watching me you'll come through it I'm struggling at moment with gad and that's hard too and I've also got side effects from ads that are stopping me working hang in there xx
    • Posted

oh its so hard sarah09381 to not think about the worst case scenarios all the time ... i cant for the life of me switch my brain off at all .. im constantly looking at my self in the mirror for anything out of the ordinary and if i do feel a lump or bump im straight into panic mode and on comes the viscious cycle of stomach upset flared GERD and so on so forth .... 
    • Posted

I'm constantly looking in the mirrow as well when I look I see a down depressed person and black rings around my eyes it's driving me mad do u have anxitey ? And r u in meds ?
    • Posted

yes i suffer with anxciety aswell , I have done for about 3 years now ... i was taking xanex for a while it helps take the edge off sometimes ..... so between axciety and health anxciety is kinda taking over my life im in constant state of worry .... just have to keep trying to rationalise with myself that ive been to the doctors that many times they would have spotted something by now.... 
  • Posted

You really are going through it aren't you and I guess it is not just you that is suffering but your family too.  I actually think you need to go back to your GP and say that you need psychiatric help.  You may not think so but personally I believe you do. A psychiatrist can help you realise that your fears are unfounded and that your problems are actually in your mind. You can also ask your GP for a blood test which is a better way of assessing thyroid problems. He can also prescribe pills for your anxiety which will help with your problems eating etc.
    • Posted

Yeh it's been a hell of a few years and I've kinda kept it all to myself really , I've a app with my gp next week to talk to her about what's going on , I guess I came on here to vent which kinda made me feel a bit better life throws crap at us and I guess everyone deals with things diffently
  • Posted

Pauline I also suffer from anxiety plus health anxiety. I am only 22 years old and mine started after I had my son a year ago but lately I've been at my worst! I also have the constant fear of dying! I always look up the symptoms I have and it most always brings up some type of cancer or life threatening disease! I don't get out of the house! I have been a hermit! All I ever do is cry and fret! I can't enjoy time with my son or husband! My doctor put me on Wellbutrin which only gave me worse anxiety and while list of symptoms that have scared me so bad I quit taking it! I am so over this! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! It's always a new worry every day! One day is stomach cancer the next it's breast cancer! I can't catch a break!!
    • Posted

You sound like me! I also have pain on both sides of neck and feels like my neck is swollen and I can't swallow good but I just had a thyroid scan about 2 weeks ago that came back clear
    • Posted

oh tell me about it .... im physcially wrecked from thinking i have everthing .... my brain is on over drive all the time ... just feel so down in myself for thinkign this way ... its horrible how much of an affect this has on somebodys life .... like until i had my daughter i was healthy always out and just full of life ... but once my daughter turned 9 months ... boom panic attacks health anxciety and anxciety .... i just wish there was a switch we could turn off and live a normal life again .... 
    • Posted

Pauline I was also always out and about! I played softball basically all the time it was my life and I was very healthy! Now I can't really go out anywhere without being anxious! I miss my old life so much!! I know we are both good mommy a but I feel like I can't be the mom I want to be! I feel like I'm so consumed in my own worry that I don't pay much attention to my son who is growing so fast😥
    • Posted

i know Kelsey , everything sets me off , today ive not been to bad ... thoughts coming and going through my head about maybe i might have cancer again ... but i just said to myself i had bloods done in hospital last week and if anything was up it would have showed in my bloods results ... im in work too and i can even concentrate on my work just keeping worrying about my health ... but ive managed to keep myself a lil calm even tough the thoughts are there today .. .plus i managed to eat something for lucnh without thinking i was chocking so thats a plus for today .... i know my lil one is 4 now and i dont want her seeing her mom like this at all ... im gonna try get a goods nights sleep tonight and see what tomorrow brings .... buts its a hard road to be on , lets hope we can revcover smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.