Cross-post from Foot and Toe: Crushed and wounded foot

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

I had a minor accident --- I lost balance while on a motorcycle and landed on my right side. I don't think I broke any bones, but I have wounds on my legs and my right foot. Went to the doctor afterwards, but the main concern was the foot wound because of its size (about 1.5 inches across and it's a deep scrape with dirt). It was treated and it was ok; the doctor only advised on the dressing. I was given some anesthesia during the treatment and was also given a tetanus shot. I am also taking antibiotics. Right now I am ok walking, with slight difficulty, of course.

After 48 hours, though, I notice that since the swelling started (my entire right foot and ankle area), I feel pain shooting down from injured legs to my foot every time I stand up from lying down or having my legs elevated. I thought that this can be due to blood rushing through my veins, but is there anything else I should be aware of? I am also more comfortable moving around, but the swelling worsens when I do so, but elevating my legs after some time and getting up again is really painful.

Is there anyone who has experienced this or know of an explanation? I am also torn between keeping my legs elevated vs moving around. Would very much appreciate to hear thoughts and knowledge about this. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.