Crying

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why do I feel like this all the time I uesd to be very happy and bubbly person now I just feel very sad low I sit and cry I am sick off feeling like this all the time me and my partner used do things and now because I feel anxious all the time we don't do anything any more I feel like I am bringing him down I sarted to feel better a few years ago and now it's hit me all over agina I don't think I will ever be free off this feeling

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Julie,

have you been to the dr's about this? its a big step seeking help but it is worth it.

As a partner to someone who is suffering from depression I can say that your partner is probably worried and feels helpless as he knows something is wrong but does not know what to do. Try disscussing this with him but the main thing is you need to get yourself sorted. the most important thing to realise is that you can get through this and hopefully your partner will be there to support you.

• Posted

Hi rob yeah I have been to the gp as I have suffered with this for many years now I am also on meds for this and I am going to be doing cbt in a few weeks I have good days and bad days I also suffer with panic attckes as well
    • Posted

well its good you are taking steps to get better and try to concentrate on doing so but just remember that your partner will worry and feel helpless but he will have to dig deep to support you (as I have found out), but by you getting better so his worrying will lesson but on the same hand he needs to be uplifting and supportive for you. 

As I said I am in his position at the moment and it is very hard. My partner has put us on a break at the moment so she can concentrate on getting her self sorted which is hard but all I can do is be there for her. Keep plugging away and I am sure you will get there. Also be aware that it is not you that is bringing him down its the situation its not your fault you feel this way. I hope that you come through this and so does your partner. 

best wishes

• Posted

p.s. 

I cant really comment on your feelings as I have no idea what you must be feeling or going through and I wouldnt want to insult you by trying. 

All I can do is pass on what I have disocovered being a partner to someone who is suffering similar. I hope this helps and gives you 1 less thing to worry about.

• Posted

Sadly depression does not always go away for good.  It sometimes pops up again years later.  Let us hope this is just an episode, and will pass. 

I hope your partner understands and is supportive.  I am sure you are not bringing him down.  You cannot help having depression.  It is an illness. 

Have you seen a doctor?

• Posted

Hi Anne I have been to see the gp and in a couple of weeks I will be going for counciling and cbt and my partner is very supportive I have been to work today also did a full week last week thank you hope you are ok too
    • Posted

I think it is  very difficult to work when you feel so poorly with depression.  I had months and months off when I was working.

I am glad you have a supportive partner. 

My duaghter is training to be a counsellor.  It takes up a lot of her time, as she has a busy full time job, and is also costing her a great deal of money.  I don't think people realise that counsellors pay for their training.  I myself have seen quite a few counsellors in the past. 

I am coping pretty well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.