Crying my eyes out!

Posted , 5 users are following.

my periods have become painful, heavy with large clots and flooding. it's been going on for almost 2 years. had uultrasounds and laparoscopy. i have been seeing a gynaecologist too.I've been taking tranexamic acid and naproxen throughout this time. it came to a head when I bled no -stop for 43 days in June and July. I saw my doctor and they prescribed utolvan. they were a God send, no periods, no side effects and actually lived. I saw gynae and she said I had to stop taking them straightaway. I did 48 hours ago and have spent the best part of 6 hours in agony both stomach and back with flooding and clotting. when this happens I am out of action for almost 3 days...crying with the pain!

don't know what to do next!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Tracey so sorry to hear what you are going through . I almost chocked on my sandwich when i read 43 days non stop. I recently had my period stop then start after 2 days but now subsided which had me going crazy, I could only image the horror of 43 days. OMG i am new to peri and sometimes reading posts scare the living daylights out of me. I wish i could give you some sort of advice but i can't. I can only pray for you hoping that the bleeding stops. Sending hugs to you. Hang in there sweetie

• Posted

thanks for this. just think needed to talk my predicament through with others. just cant understand if there is a tablet out there that is helping me why the gynaecologist is so against it. I've an appointment with my gp next week and am going to find out why there is a problem.

• Posted

I'm so angry. It is not fair that women have to suffer this way. I am sure you are at your wit's end. It is exhausting being frightened all day. I have had heavy, large clot, periods every 21 days for over two years. I also had a period that lasted over a month, although it was light (2 years ago). Lately, my periods have been extending by a day or two. It is too much to suffer through in addition to all the other physical symptoms. I am sorry you are going through this nonsense. You are not alone. xo

• Posted

thanks for your reply. I cant believe gynaecologists aren't more supportive during this time. x

• Posted

I think naproxen causes bleeding !

• Posted

I'll look into this...unfortunately its the only thing that helps with the pain!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.