Crying out for help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night I as feeling via so depressedI live alone.I did what your supposed to do. I tried to reach out for help to the people who are supposed to care about me, It wasn't a threat I was almost there. I have never called for help like this. I have no family and now I feel abandoned by the people who say they care about me. No one responded. I am lucky I cried myself to sleep. What do you do? I have so many feelings including anger right now, Shaking and crying now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi unloved, are you alone right now? do you feel safe where you are? can you reach to anyone, speak to anyone or ring anyone? a friend, a lover, a family member. if you feel like this often contact the doctors, if they're not open ring 111. the samaritans are often a good source of support. i wish you luck and you find the support you need

• Posted

I also recommend you call the Samaritans. They are trained to help, they are not judgemental, you wont be considered a 'bother' and unlike friends and family they have no emotional involvement and their whole reason for existence is just to listen. You can tell them anything without any fear of hurting their feelings and its 100% confidential. They wont necessarily give advice but they will let you say whatever you need and often just vocalising your fears and feelings is a massive weight off your shoulders. I have no family whatsoever and for a long time lived alone which mostly I liked but sometimes we all need to have a shoulder to cry on and want to feel valued. I hope you find a way to feel better. Do keep posting on here, we're people who have or had similar problems, we may wander off into telling you our problems but that doesnt mean we dont understand yours.

• Posted

Hi Sam, I am alone 99% of the time. I can go for a week without hearing from anyone. When someone needed me for anything I was always there. I just feel like I don't matter to anyone.

• Posted

hi, i know how you feel, that's how i felt last year. i didn't think i mattered to anyone. my older sister thought i was attention seeking but she realised i wasn't. she helped me by pointing out how much i was going to be missed if i did go. maybe you need to make new communications to keep your sanity at least. tell your doctor at the very least.

• Posted

hi,

If you dont feel like ringing the Samaritans you can message them and it is at least someone to chat to. Our emotions change daily so maybe tomorrow you may feel better, we dont stay the same. Maybe it was a bit of reactive depression. Are you having counselling at all? Sometimes some people just dont know how to react to depression or how we are feeling but that isnt your fault. I opened up to someone an elderly family friend about my Mam dying and me suffering with depression after her death and I never heard from her again and it made me think well you dont care that much then so I dont bother with them anymore I I figured I am better without people who just want me listening to their problems and me smiling away. There is no wonder we hide how we feel with the way some people react.

Remember its not your fault how they reacted at all, try to do something you enjoy, its hard but does help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.