Curious if anyone on here is faithful and would like to be part of a discussion that includes God?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have always considered myself a Christian but have not always been the best practicing it. While going through this struggle I had a friend reach out to me with prayer, at first it seemed awkward, but he has continued to reach out to me almost daily with scripture and prayers focused on the faith, hope, and the love of God and it has really helped me not only with my recovery but also with my relationship with God. I did not want to put anyone off by flooding everyone's conversations with thoughts about prayer and God so I have started this thread for anyone interested in having this be part of their recovery. God Bless and know that He loves you!

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Prayer does play a big roll while going thru this illness..this illness will bring the religion out of anyone..for some strange reason we are all kneeling down when this illness hits..wether is you praying for your self or others praying for you.. I sure have had my shares of people praying for me or me praying for myself..I had a woman that was Muslim praying for me I had a woman from India praying for me..and also Christian's praying for me..power of prayer is real...

• Posted

Hi Matthew,

I too am a Christian and it is He who has helped thru my struggle with depression for years. Without Him I could not get thru it. Thank you for sharing your faith! I too feel best when drawing near to Him..praying..and fellowshipping with others. Many blessings on your journey... Draw near as He will draw near to you🙏we will get thru it!

• Posted

I am a Christian and rely very much on God to help me with my anxiety and depression. Prayer is vital and the nice thing about having Christian friends is that if I can't pray i know that they are praying for me. Wel done for your post and God bless you too.

• Posted

I'm so glad that people are interested in having God at the center of their recovery. I know for awhile I really struggled with whether I was putting my faith in the wrong places, Dr's and medication, then I was listening to a sermon on anxiety and depression and the first thing they said was that Dr's and medications are gifts that God has put in our lives to help carry us when we can't do it ourselves. Since then a weight has been lifted and I have put all my faith in God and thank Him daily for the tools he has given me! Also the songs, fear is a liar and reckless love have been my soundtrack through this process

• Posted

How very peculiar you have posted this today Mathew. I went last night to a ‘Christian celebration’ I suppose you could call it, I was invited by a friend who I had told about a recent experience at a 12 step retreat I went to which was Christian in its foundation. I seem to be getting some kind of nudging towards Christianity. I am what you’d call a (lapsed Catholic) but I do believe in a God, so please do add me to any group that includes God in recovery. Stephen
  • Posted

Hey Matthew,

I use meditation and with that I do have my prayers. This is how I cope with getting through this process. Like yourself I’m s Christian and was not the best at practicing it. Lois hit it right on. Prayer plays a huge part in this and helps with the healing process. 

Thanks! 

Will😎

• Posted

Hi Matthew yes I believe in the power of prayer too, so grateful for this thread, great idea for starting it!! If not for my faith in God life would be so much harder!! I often pray for people on here who sound desperate and hope God answers prayers for them.  All of us have good days and some not so good and some awful it feels good that we can pray for each other x.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.