Currently at work advice please!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm sat in the toilets where I work at a resturant and I'm on my feet my muscles are so tense and I just feel so anxious like I don't belong. I've worked here about 3 days I'm just not used to the hours but I just don't feel this is the job for me. Is there something wrong with me? Is my anxiety or is it okay that I don't like the job? All I want to do is go home. I've been out of work for ten weeks I'm only 18 and finding it tough. I don't think resturant work is good for me with my anxiety. I just need some motivation or some advice because I don't want to feel or look like a failure sad but I just don't like it xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Katie,

With everything that's happened over the last few months, you might have some anxiety built up.

Can you try to pust through and get through it for a few days?

I think you can do it.

As always, if you need anything, send me a PM!

Good luck and all the best!

smile

• Posted

I just find myself taking loads of deep breaths

Trying to relax thinking I'll be home in no time but it's just difficult getting back into a work routine and it's quite annoying job with anxiety making mistakes having complaints about food it's quite Hetic. But I feel like I'm a failure if I give up X

• Posted

dont give up,

you know you can get through this, right?

• Posted

I think you would feel like this wherever you are working just now. Go with the flow it's early days it will take more time to feel at home I think everybody feels like a fish out of water for ages and any mistakes which are bound to happen try laugh them off and tell customers you are new as all of us have been the new person at some point and no with or without suffering anxiety it's daunting and anxiety provoking as you really want to do well. Tell yourself it's normal and will get better.Take it day at a time and it will get easier. Hope your ok xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.