Cutting back on lorazapam

Posted , 4 users are following.

How do I wean down on lorazapam? I'm currently on 3 mgs a day. Its starting to be too much. How much can I remove at once so I don't go through withdrawals

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Two ways to do it!   You choose.  If you go weekly, skip a day for a month then skip two days.  Only you will know if it is ok.   

Second way do half of one for one day of the week for two weeks and stick with it no matter what,  then reduce two days and so on.   You know your body so work with it.  We are all different.  If u go too fast you ll have to start from the beginning again so take your time.  There s no rush 

• Posted

Can I cut down a quarter at a time for a week at a time? Do it slowly?
    • Posted

Cutting 1/4 s wont change much.  Go by halfs and stay on for 2 weeks 
    • Posted

Can I cut out the half I take in afternoon without feeling any withdrawal? Afternoon pill making me too sleepy now. What will happen?
    • Posted

Or can I take at night instead? I take 1 and a half at night, can I move it to 2 at night instead?
    • Posted

Yes if you keep busy in the afternoon, cut that one or at least try to see how long u can go without that one.  Test yourself 
  • Posted

Very slowly to avoid withdrawal signs and symptoms. Have u read the ashton manual?
  • Posted

Hey Nancy,

Remove 5% of your total daily dose every 2 weeks, no more than that.

• Posted

Week 1 and 2: 2.85mg

Week 3 and 4: 2.71mg

Week 5 and 6: 2.58

Week 7 and 8: 2.45

etc..

I figured out these numbers using this website.  http://percentagecalculator.co/

Go to the heading; subtract or add a percentage

• Posted

How do you get the pills cut so exact? Would taking a quarter out of each pill for 2 weeks be too much? Hard to get exact
    • Posted

How do I figure out .15 out of 1 pill? How can I know it's only .15 and not .25? Do I do quarters and then cut again?

• Posted

I use a small scale, I haven't done it any other way than this so I wouldn't know how to answer this question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.