cutting down mirtazipne

Posted , 6 users are following.

i thought i would cut down from 15mg to just half of the tablet last night wow what a night. nightmares all night even though i slept, and feeling really rough to day and headache  as anybody had the same effect through lowering the dose. also  could not hear properly fo about 2 hours very strange feeling.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ask  the doctor and or pharmacist if there is a liquid option
  • Posted

Yes, Chris. You did a 50% reduction. I did the same, had same symptoms. Par for the course. What is your next move?
    • Posted

Hi Gretel. think i will try same again tonight see how i am tomorrow maybe 50% reduction is to much in one go with this table. if same tomorrow i will take 3/4 of the tablet tomorrow night. and stick with that for a week or two. didn't expect such  bad side effect with 50% reduction

• Posted

Yes and it gets worse if you continue cutting that dose in half.  
    • Posted

i sometime wonder if doctors experienced the side effects  of these types of drugs they may believe and understand what the  patient  describe about the effects it has on them
    • Posted

Yes, its so hard, the lower you get the smaller the cuts is what is advocated
  • Posted

Sorry it's not helping you either. Today I feel like my left ear is bleeding.  I'm still so dizzy and can't even find words to put together to say how I feel. Totally not me or of any value. It's been  2 days off the one 7.5 dose I took 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.