Cyclonic vomiting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since menopause I've acquired cyclonic vomiting, every 3 months this happens, my Dr sent me for all kinds of tests, everything was normal, then said its cyclonic vomiting, I gt stomach cramps for a wk or so before the attack then its vomiting, dioreah, fever an chills, I've nearly come close to passing out on really bad episodes, these attacks can last between 4hrs upto 8hrs,Dr said its caused by a build up of MSG I can't eat Chinese food anymore because that brings on an attack within an hr of eating it 🤢🤢😢😢

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get so sick when I eat anything with MSG. I got sick in my early 20's my doctor then told me no Chinese food with MSG. I was always sick with horrible headaches, diarrhea, stomach cramps, dizziness and bloating. Good to see im not alone. 30 some odd years later, you're the only other person I've read about reacting to MSG.

• Posted

Hi Wendy,  MSG is bad news!  Even when I was much younger I would get horrible headaches.  Same with a lot of the dyesin foods.  Red 40 in candies does it too.  
    • Posted

Ano yeah, I can't have sorbatol neither, all theses problems with food has started since I reached menopause, I absolutely adore Chinese food bt it's just not worth the horrors that follow straight after eating it😢😢

• Posted

A lot of Chinese food places offer no msg options.  Also, we used to make homemade once a week.  Veggies and chow mein. Definitely time consuming and not as tasty and ends up being expensive.  I love thai food too, but it is just as bad.  I used to just get headaches, but now that I recall...I had horrible bathroom issues 6 mo ago.  I thought I had food poisoning,  That was the last time I ate it.  
    • Posted

Hi lou, yeah that's what I thought I had or gastricenteritis every few months bt now know it wsnt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.