Cyst

Posted , 8 users are following.

Have any of you ladies in perimenapause had a cyst found on your ovary if so do you get any pains?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I just had colon surgery and when they were doing the surgery the surgeon noticed my ovary and fallopian tube was inflamed and had to remove them. Within 2 months my left one became inflamed and fluid filled and I had to have another surgery to remove them as well. My Gynocologist said it was common at my age (52) and though my CT scans had showed small cysts on my ovaries it was actually my fallopian tubes filled with fluid and "angry." I never had any pains or symptoms other than a twinge here and there if I bent over weird or something. Just a suggestion to confirm it is actually a cyst. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Bev. From experience, cysts can be extremely painful. My Gynea prescribed some painkillers and advise i use hotwater bottle on the side. It helped but it took some days. It will gradually subside if its not too big to require surgery. Sorry about it. Thats d way the cookie crumbles. Support with faith and prayers. And God will lay His hands of healing upon you IJMN. Amen. Much love !!

• Posted

I had a big cyst on my left ovary, it was extremely painful, from my pelvis right down my leg. The gyn kept a watch on it and eventually it shrunk so no surgery was needed.

This happened to me when all my symptoms were hitting at once.

Wonky hormones def the reason.

• Posted

Hi Suzanne. They say mine was small bk in Nov.I went to the doctors yesterday because last week for no reason my back went,the pain is on the right side above my bum but hurts in my hip and down the front where the ovary is. I thought it was all linked from the pain in my back but the doctor says it's 2 different things. When they found the cyst in Nov I also had a ca125 test that came back normal but was told to repeat both tests in march. Yesterday before my doctors appointment I got a letter for another ultra sound on 7th of Feb and another ca125 test in March however when I saw the doctor yesterday he sent me for a ca125 test while I was at the surgery and told me to still have the test in March and to still go for the ultra sound in Feb. I'm very confused as to what is going on and very anxious. Sorry this is long winded and probably not making any sense to you 🤔

• Posted

Dear Bev

I was told that i had simple cysts on mine, i used to get a twinge in that region when i was still having periods and mid cycle spotting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.