Cyst and ovaries removed.......what now?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.......had my op on Wednesday 27th......large cyst in 3 sections,ovaries and tubes removed with laparoscopy ......home now ......uncomfortable but not too bad.....feel sick though and stomach still quite swollen. Have has some bleeding ...not sure if this is normal as already through menopause?...and willl I need hrt???...not seeing surgeon now for 6 weeks..

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes I think it can be normal to bleed although I didn't but I know people do xx  I asked my consultant about HRT but he said as I was post menopausal,that I didn't need it.  If you are worried give your doctor a ring or the ward that you was on to put your mind at rest. xx.  It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since I had my op and I feel completely back to normal again.  Haven't had any check ups though cos the consultant just referred me back to my doctor again.
    • Posted

Good to hear you are all ok......am takng 2 weeks off work then seeing how I am.xx
  • Posted

Hi,

I had a laparoscopy and d&c three weeks ago.  I had bleeding afterwards which I think lasted for about 3 days.   I was pretty uncomfortable and painful for about a week post surgery.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi, I had left cyst and tube out 4.5 weeks ago and about 3rd day after operation had quite a lot of bleeding.  It was like a heavy period, had red blood then brown blood and kept thinking it was stopping but didnt stop for about 8 days or so.
  • Posted

I have a question, I want my ovaries removed so badly because I keep getting cysts every month. I had a laparascopy done last month and they found two ovarian cysts in my Fallopian tubes and endometriosis and a strand pulling my ovary and tube down.  I have Leiden factor five clotting disorder and a history of blood clots in my leg and lung so I can't be on birth control and the dr said my option to stop the cysts is to get pregnant, but I would be high risk and have to be on blood thinners the whole pregnancy. So I really want my ovaries out and was hoping to get advice on that
  • Posted

I don't know how getting pregnant would stop the cysts because I actually got my first ovarian cyst whilst I was pregnant.  I didn't have it at my 20 week scan or they would have seen it I think, yet it was as big as a grapefruit when I had it removed five weeks after I gave birth. 😳
  • Posted

That was meant to say 'sorry' ipad keeps changing my words, wish there was an edit button on here 😟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.