Cyst gone!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,quick story ,after finding a 5.8cm cyst  on right ovary in march after being in pain since jan with lower back and right hip,being told at first was strain then kidneys  ,but then admitted to hospital in severe pain finally diagnosed  ,after ct scan then ultrasound .Met gynae doc in April told me was septated cyst risk of rupturing so been on light duties at work (care assistant ),had 2nd ultrasound yesterday and surprised cyst has gone!!!nurse thinks dissolved with my last period April as not had same severe pain since then as had in jan to march.So def pleased but what happens next??do you have to have reg scans in future,seeing gynae doc in 3 weeks  prob give me more  detailed result from scan but going tell him still got slight pain in hip and lower pack and feeling sick!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That sounds great news Lisa.  Let us know what dr says about your continued pain though - that sounds weird.
  • Posted

Well went to see doc for chat about results of my ultra sound scan ,he was pleased for me it had gone as he was worried if had gone bigger or still there would of had to operate and look at ovary too!he said the pain I was having still (gone now)was prob fluid still in my body!told me if have any pain go to docs or straight to a&e for ultrasound!usual procedure is check up scan in about 6 months but me and hubby have started fertility tests scans are included so will show up!just feel so better in myself ,less stressed never want to through the months I had again!shame I had to leave a new job but had to think of myself!
  • Posted

Hi Lisa - great to hear - hope they can tell what you what that pain is from
  • Posted

hi my pain has gone now,thank god never want to go through it again,must be as the cyst has gone,but been told if start with anymore pain like before to go to my docs as cyst could of come back,told me once you have one at risk to get another in future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.