Cyst scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a fluid filled 5cm ovarian cyst. I am to get scanned again in 2 weeks that's 4 months since they found it. I know it's gotten bigger as pain worse and feel so much more bloated. I'm scared incase it's something else. It's all I think about!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thing going on with appendix. It isn't appendicitis but looks more like a mucocele which is pus filled. I'm scheduled for surgery next week and anxiety is off the charts. But I will say to you that they definitely can see fluid filled as opposed to a solid mass. You most likely will require surgery. Have they discussed this with you?

• Posted

No they haven't they just said at this size it's hardly going to be anything to worry about and will rescan in 4 months. Now I'm worried 😓

• Posted

Don't be worried, sweetie!

I said go back to your GP cos my ovarian cyst grew enormous, the size of a football!!! LOL

My tummy grew bigger and I had pain in my groin

I wanted you to go in case it is growing. If you are in pain you want something done anyway

Don't be fobbed off either.

I was

hUGS

• Posted

Thanks Helen I'm going to phone tomorrow for appointment but my next scan on 15th of Nov and prob won't be seen before that. But thanks again good to know I'm not alone x

• Posted

Keep on top of things, Carole

Tell your GP your tummy is swelling and you are getting pains

Let me know how you get on, okay?

You can pm me if you get scared but try not to be, at least your

GP is aware of the cycst and you have an appointment.

Hugs

• Posted

Go back to the GP

I had an ovarian cyst that grew bigger. I doubt it is  "something " else.

My tummy bloated and I was in pain

See your GP and get it sorted

• Posted

Carole

I do not blame your concerns I would feel very much the same.

I was supposed to go for a pre op checkup last Monday and they called me at seven in the morning cancelling my appointment.

All I can suggest is that you phone the GP and see if He can get you in sooner

We can give support if needed

BOB

• Posted

I would think they would have seen it if there was something else. Are you going to have it removed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.