D&C with biopsy this Thursday- feeling a little nervous

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am having a D&C and biopsy this thursday and I'm scared.  i am 54 yrs hold and had post menopausal bleeding after 14 mos. While i dont fear that I have cancer, I am fearing the procedure.  I am having gen anesthesia which i've had only once before.  i've been cleared by the cardiolgist and my primary care doctors but i'm fearing the process.  I have zanax to take prior to arriving at the hospital. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

There is no reason to fear because the light of life is on your side and you will be fine. Always look forward. You will see that you will soon be with us again
  • Posted

Hi, I understand your worries. I had exactly the same procedure done over a year ago. It was a breeze, honestly. After a quick op, didnt even feel sleepy or sore afterwards. Was woried about the results, but all was ok. Got home a few hours later and was back at my office job the next day. Please try not to worry..thinking of you. Xx

• Posted

Thank you for sharing this. I'm doing better today.  I actually think I had a period this week after off/on bleeding since March.  So I know I needt o have this procedure to see what's going on.  I keep saying to myself its going to be okay and saying the serenity prayer helps too. 

• Posted

Oh Kathleen I know what fears like I face it everyday we've just got to tell ourselves sometimes the fear is inappropriate and there really is nothing to fear but the sensation itself

Just go with the flow and tell the medical staff about your anxieties when you get to hospital, they'll take that into account and look after you

I'll be rooting for you

Hugs

Brenda xx

• Posted

Hi Kathleen, you will do very well.  I had surgery in April that included laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D & C under general anesthesia.  It went well and there were no complications.  It's a good idea to let them know at the hospital if you are anxious; they will do what they can to reassure and look after you.

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth, I am def going to tell them...I already told the anesthesiologist that i'm nervous.  glad i have the xanax

• Posted

Hi Everyone, just wanted to follow up.  I had the procedure yesterday and it went well.  I had a polyp which the gyn said was about the size of the tip of her little finger...she removed it.  my lining was not thick but she did some scaping anyway.  i feel better already knowing this.  she said that the polyp did not look cancerous but they have to send for tests anyway and she said everything else looked good and that i am prob in peri meno ...still ...uggh .....but i am goig to deal with it as best I can.  Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.  My biggest fear was the procedure and the speculum and I didnt feel a thing!  Having a great doctor is key ! 
    • Posted

Hi Kathleen, I am glad to hear that it went so well!  My gyn also told me that my polyps did not appear to be cancerous and they weren't.  You will be fine.  Still being in peri, well... yeah.  That's not great.  But otherwise, it is good to know that you came through it and that you have a great doctor!  Take care and get some rest!

• Posted

Nice to hear it went so well for you! I agree on having a great doctor, it makes a world of difference.
    • Posted

Well done Kathleen. Take care now and rest for a few days. There are lots of suggestions for dealing with peri on here when you feel like looking!
  • Posted

Glad things went well for you.  Be glad you weren't awake for the procedure.  It's not very pleasant.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.