D day today

Posted , 13 users are following.

It's surgery day for me I'm leaving home shortly for admission to hospital suburethral sling and pelvic repairs however I may only have the anterior repair and wait for the second repair .🙏🏻 Lots of luck to me and I'll try to post to keep others in the same situation in the loop with what my experiences are. The weather is a bit rubbish here in Perth Australia for the next few days so it's a good time to have some rest .

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Best of luck to you.  I hope it goes very smoothly!
  • Posted

Good luck Geraldine. Will be thinking about you.
  • Posted

Good luck Geraldine, 

I hope it all goes well for you!

It is a white out here in Germany ❄️☃❄️ So I am having a quiet day.

• Posted

Hope all went well for you and recovering now geraldinej.

Healing hugs?💖

Phylx

• Posted

Thankyou everyone it's very uncomfortable having this vaginal pack in and the catheter. I keep feeling like I need to pass urine. Urine is concentrated so they have given me a second drip bag and are excellent keeping me topped up with pain relief I have had a 12 hour slow release pain reliever plus Panadol and then something else under the tongue , nothing is shifting my headache though😕 They did say it can happen after anaesthetic.

• Posted

Good to hear it's all by and your being well looked after ?👍

• Posted

Pleased to the op is over and that your pain is being well controlled 😊

I found a dab of lavender oil on my temples and a menthol stick thing on my forehead helped with the headache.  Probably a placebo effect...

rest well! 

• Posted

Take care Geraldine. If you feel as though you want to pee when you have a catheter in it usually means it isn't in properly x

• Posted

I hope not as well, but you definitely shouldn't feel anything xx

• Posted

I'm not sure yet I told him to make the decision once I was under I'll see him in just over 3 hours. It's 4:45am I requested my pack to be taken out I couldn't stand it any longer my golly it's very uncomfortable getting it out 😱

• Posted

Geraldine I found getting the pack out worse than any other pain I had, once it was out the relief was amazing. Wishing you a speedy recovery x
    • Posted

Hi

My surgery is next month .

Did you go home with a catheter?

My surgery will be done through my stomach .

Any help you can

Offer would be great.

Margie 🙏

• Posted

I'm still in hospital mine was done vaginally I'll keep you posted with how I go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.