Dangling thing from the bottom of my tongue???

Posted , 2 users are following.

i woke up with this little dangly thing on the bottom of my tongue. it hurts to touch and the rest of my tongue is a little sore. i dont know what it is and ive never seen anything like this before. please help!


0 likes, 1 reply


1 Reply

  • Posted

    It looks like plica fimbriata! If you look up the term you will come up with a lot of pics that resemble yours. They resemble skin tags and are harmless but can get snagged on your teeth and create sores. Your tongue might be sore because you bit it while sleeping.

    I'm pretty sure they can be removed if they become really irritating but as usual check with your dentist!

    Report Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up