Day 1

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all..

I started on Orlistat yesterday took my first at 3pm with a late lunch and have been taking them at every meal since..its 24 hours since the first and all is fine so far :lol:

I have a lot of weight to lose but I will be happy if I can lose some of it..

I started off at 22st 11lbs.. I then lost 1 stone 9lbs on my own..simply by cutting out Pepsi (it was all I drank, I don't do tea or coffee) and by having 3 meals a day..

The reason I was the weight I was is due to not eating all day, maybe having a pkt of crisps at 2pm and then having take away at 9pm.. So not eating enough, eating too late and eating the wrong things along with drinking Pepsi got me to where I was..

Got to a point where I wasn't really losing anymore so decided to get help.. (also went on holiday and put 6lbs back on!!)

I was weighed yesterdayat the Doctors at 137kgs.. which is 21 stone 5lb

I will be happy at around 15stone ( I know my ideal is 10stone) as I will be able to do lots of things I can't at the moment..fairground rides, biking, horse riding, buying clothes in normal shops LOL

So..hopefully they will work for me.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck hun, we are all on here for a reason whether its support, stupid questions that we need an answer to or just for the morale boost

If you have any doubts, feel low or want to know something, just ask. There are a lovely gang of people on here (and with some of the stories....a lot of laffs smile )

• Posted

Hi Kayos

Hi and welcolm, wish you all the best on your weight loss...... feel free to ask anything you are unsure of....

This forum keeps you going and inspires you.....

I have been on the blueys for about 3 months and have lost 1.5 stones.... which is gr8 .....

This site is very supportive....

Keep in touch

Dal

• Posted

Hi and welcome Kayos.... smile
  • Posted

Is anyone else addicted to standing on their scales?

I weigh myself every morning with digital scales but some mornings they can't make up their minds and jump up and down and then tell me 10 different weights in the space of 2 minutes!

If I beleive what it told me this morning I have put on..

Then I changed it to tell me weight in Kg..and it says 136.. which is 1kg less but then that could just be my clothes LOL

Stressssssss LOL

• Posted

Thought I would come say hi as I too am new to the blueies and I have been on them a week and had exactly the same starting weight, and most of the same ambitions. Was so annoyed at Alton Towers was tempted to ask for my money back!!! Only found 2 rides I could fit in!

Anyway I wish you all the best. So far no major side effects! I think the thought of them keeps me on the straight and narrow. Well not so narrow but you know what I mean :o) Keep it going m8, we can do this!!!

• Posted

I have promised myself a trip to Alton Towers for my birthday next year..(May!)

SO I have to be at a weight where I can fit in the rides by then..

I need to lose 15lbs by 1st January (for to be kept on them)

So If I can do that then things will be looking better..

Not had any side effects yet..but I have just finished a chinese takeaway...I did half it with my husband though and I never had breakfast..so the side effects might well be on their way :oops:

• Posted

hi kayos welcome to the site and good luck in ur weight lossxxx
  • Posted

Its good to have a goal. sure you will be a lot slimmer by May. Hope the Chineese didnt have any unwanted effectsFor myself I would like to fit into a darn aeroplane seatbelt and still be able to breathe lol. So far things are going well here, though did find out even the \"good for yourself\" houmus has more fat in it than expected, (fortunately was at home at time). Hope things are going good for you too
  • Posted

Well I will remember not to each Chinese again :oops:

But at least I have experienced the Orange stuff.. glad to say it was not as horrible as I expected but not something I want to repeat every day..

Back to the grind.. :D

• Posted

Hello Kayos

I was in exactly the same boat as you with the random patterns of eating and the addiction to pepsi and takeaways! I too was 21.6 stone when i started the blueys.

Im 3 months in and now am 18.5 stones, so am well happy with the progress - i told the nurse when i started that i'd kiss her if i hit 17 stone, am now very very scared that i may have to make good on my promise!

Good luck and keep in touch!

Dave.h

• Posted

Thats fabulous Dave..well done you..3 stones in 3 months..I can only dream of that!!

(Don't hit me..but do you think its true men lose easier then women??)

I was 134kg this morning..so thats 3kg down in 6 days

• Posted

Well done Dave. Would give my right arm to lose that amount in 3 months. Good on you. Feeling really motivated now!

p.s. Wouldnt really give rt arm, though it could speed up weight loss it is a bit drastic!! :roll:

pps. Hope you get a pretty nurse next weigh in :D

• Posted

Hi Kayos

You and I seem to be of a similar weight and experience so I look forward to hearing more about your experience on this site.

In response to being addicted to the scales: I find I eliminate the problem of being addicted to the scales by not having any - which could be argued is how I ended up this weight... at the moment though I find not being ruled by what is happening but by what is going in my mouth seems to be working better. Also, if at the monthly weigh in it's good news then it makes you feel GREAT :wings: because it's a surprise (does that make sense?).

That said, it has been going a bit haywire over the last few days. Haven't usually got a sweet tooth but for some reason at the moment I just can't get enough :cupcake: :donut:

Cheers all, keep up the posts......... so helpful :D QB

• Posted

Hi Queenbee..

I think the obsession with the scales is just so I know its working LOL..

I am terrified to go back to the docs and not lost anything or not lost enough..

They have confused me too by using KG instead of stones and pounds..but thankfully my scales have 3 settings (st & lbs, lbs or kg)

My first appointment for weigh in is 24 October..(which will be 24 days of taking the tablets)...

I think my main problem with \"diet\" is that I don't like veg at all, so salads are a no...

I will eat carrots and leeks if its in soup though..so I have been making loads of home made lentil soup in the slow coooker

• Posted

Afternoon Folks!!

Felt I had to put my tuppence worth in here..... as for the scales... well, my husband has seen me popping onto them so many times in a day... he has told me that they are NOT a step machine and I won't loose weight that way... so like some of you lot out there I have thrown them out... but now feel that I have gone into withdrawl from them!!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck to everyone on their quest!

BMx 8)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.