day 1

Posted , 1 user is following.

I took mine just before I went to bed about 10pm... ive had absolutly no sleep. im worried about the side effects and what will happen to me in the next couple of days.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm on my 3rd day of taking it. What dose are you on? The 1st Day I took 20mg at 10am... had a restlessness night and felt really sick so decided to reduce my dosage to 10mg and fingers crossed yesterday/last night I slept better...

I take my tablet first thing in the morning - side effects so far a bit of a headache/yawning/waves of nausea although not too bad today and a little shaky.

• Posted

Im on 20mg... i took again just before I went to bed last night and i lay awake all night. I have the worst headache ever and i can't stop crying and i feel very sick. Im going to take it in the day today and see if that makes any difference to my sleep.
  • Posted

i find first thing in the morning is great for me bout 7ish i think the key is to take at a regular time has a couple of hours can make a diff .I think either first thing or last thing is the best not in between.I felt the sickest ive ever felt at the start of these drugs it lasts a good few weeks but stick with it they do help they just take a while to kick in just keep thinking it a marthon not a sprint .i dont know where i would be without them x
  • Posted

I agree... I take my 10mg tablet at 7 in the morning - I'm now 4th day in... no major side effects except nausea. I did have a bad headache on the second day I took (20mg) so that's why I have reduced down to 10mg to let my body get used to it then plan to go up to 20mg next week. 1st night's sleep had disturbed sleep/2nd not as bad/last night slept straight though... so definitely recommend taking the tablet early in the morning...
  • Posted

I took the tablet when i got up yesterday morning at 8am and my sleep was still disturbed ive had about 5 hours sleep in 4 nights andf im still getting really bad headaches, i dont feel any better than i did before starting the tablets sad
  • Posted

They do say that it takes a few weeks for the side effects to reduce but I suppose it's different for everyone. If you're really struggling may be reduce your dosage or go back to the Dr's to see what they suggest?
  • Posted

The first night I took 10mg, and had a very busy day the following day that I was dreading for weeks, and went to bed at 10pm and every hour on the hour I stared at the clock...the first time in my entire life I didn't catch a wink of sleep, when I did crawl out of bed, I was soaking wet, my duvet, my sheets my pajamas. For the next few nights I got about 5 hours of sleep, and was so busy, I thought the exhaustion would knock me out but it did not. I decided to take the pill in the morning instead, which has worked out better for me though the first few days my heart was racing.....and after the racing I was sweating doing the most simple of tasks. I'm now on day 11 and I've started to get a good nights sleep, still a bit sweaty, but a small price to pay to get back to a healthier mental place
  • Posted

I take my pill at 8pm everynight and it seems to make me very tired about 4 hours later. Then im wide awake at 7am... considering this is more than double the sleep i was getting 15 days ago i am greatful. I didn'y think citalopram was working until i forgot to take it last friday and my mood on saturday was awful... i felt as if id had hit a new all time low. Im keeping my chin up and as you say all this is a small price to pay for a better happier life smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.