Day 11 fluoxetine....will things get better??

Posted , 4 users are following.

17 years ago whilst pregnant I suffered with horrific depression which resulted in constant thoughts of death etc...I have somehow found myself here again (not pregnant)... the GP has prescribed flouxetine and Diazepam...I am on day 11...nothing has changed when will it

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Rachel.. sorry to say waaaaay to early to see the inprovment, it does get worse b4 it gets better, and a lot worse.. it’s a very slow working med, but when I works it’s good ( for me) the smytoms are alfull Iv been there, not knowing if I’d get trough it or not, but my doc had warned me that the first 14 days are bad, then you get good days as well as bad days while on 20mg of Prozac.. some people find that the lower does is ok for them, and others ( like me ) need to go higher b4 they see the improvement, I’m on 60mg now, and think it wasn’t untill at least 11/12 weeks that I felt better in my self and smytoms eased off...

Keep going if you can as it does work as long as your willing to stick it out, it is a good med, and for me I wouldn’t come of it now every thing as settled down ... good luck and I do hope you feel good soon 🤗xx

• Posted

Dawn,

That’s good to hear because I’m in week 7, second week on Prozac, and I just went to 40 about 6 days ago.  Side effects are bad.  I am feeling worse.  I thought I was seeing improvement and then it’s bad again.  Dr says wait up to 12 weeks.  It’s so hard, that’s 3 months.  Glad you are doing better.  I remember from several years ago that it is so slow.  Dr wants me up to 80, so hopefully I can deal with the side effects or they calm down.  The worst is the anxiety.  I didn’t really have much anxiety until I started these antidepressants.

• Posted

Yes Stacey, your docs right ( for a change ) you are looking at 10/12 weeks b4 thing really settle down, and I understand you don’t want to wait till then, none of us do, the trouble is we want it to work yesterday, not have to wait so long, but we have to and one day you will look back on this and glad you carried on with it,, good luk chic.. keep us informed on here how your going big hug 🤗x

• Posted

The anxiety is awful... I have cut out so many things to try and reduce it...the best thing I feel was cutting out caffiene completely..I might be wrong but it seems to help....been docs this morning want me to carry on with 20mgs for 2 weeks...its sure a long journey.

God bless x

• Posted

Yes also when I cut out sugar the anxiety is better.  The problem is right now I don’t feel like depriving myself of anything that may make me feel better.  
    • Posted

Totally understand that, the caffiene has been easy but sugar has been more difficult, especially when this prozac creates nausea and poor appetite...
  • Posted

Have to admit after a few horific days the last two days have been an improvement, I have managed to move from the sofa and complete some tasks. I am hopeful this will continue, appetite is still not brilliant but to be honest I could lose another stone without worry...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.