Day 12 on HRT patch

Posted , 8 users are following.

I promised I would give an update on the patch.  So it’s day 12 and boy what a difference ! 

I had no life I could not ever feel awake and spent all day in and out of bed. The fatigue was immense I could have gone to bed at 4.30pm and if I did have one good day and went to dinner boy I suffered the next day .

Now I’m up in the morning AWAKE ! My dizziness has subsided and it’s like night and day from 2 weeks ago. I feel NORMAL 

I spent 3 months in HELL!  Fatigue dizziness even bloody suicidal .

My life isn’t what I want it to be right now as recently divorced so I get lonely but I can deal with it .

Life is too short to feel like I’ve felt. I’ve noticed a bit of bloating in my stomach but if that’s it .... I’ll deal with it and just do more sit ups ! 

6 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Wonderful news.  So very pleased for you.  Hope it continues. x

I started taking HRT last Monday with a family risk of clots and strokes but took as a last resort as have had hell for 12 months and am suffering from insomina, severe pins and needles and feel awful.  The patches made me constantly vomit and feel even worse so have had to come off them.  Back to the drawing board. xx

• Posted

Hi lori I've been on hrt patches for over 2 years now and they have helped me a lot. I still have bad health anxiety but had that before menopause. But everything else as settled down. Glad they have worked for you to xx

• Posted

Yay Lori!!!

Good for you, I'm glad you're starting to come out the other side smile

• Posted

That's great you're feeling better!

Does it help the anxiety?

• Posted

Not sure yet as have not really been out and about too much so that’s the test ... when I go to do errands etc . But definitely a much better ‘feeling ‘ 
  • Posted

That's great news! I'm so glad to hear you have relief and life is great again.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Posted

Wow - what great news.

I need some of this. Fingers crossed next week my consultant agrees it is the right step forward 

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Lori what patch are you on and did you have any side effects on the hrt as I had to come off I felt worse wondering if my dose was too high 
    • Posted

Hi Nicola 

I’m on the climara pro and no side effects except thought my stomach was a touch bloated but that just may be something else . All in all good . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.