Day 13

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, today is day 13. I'm still very anxious but not as spacey though. My mind and body just do not feel normal. Does it just take time and things calm down? Or is this medicated feeling just par for the course.I definitely feel and And guessing rightly so but I have taken a medication. Does this feeling go away?

Please share with them. Thank you all

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your medication will take upwards of five weeks to work well, sometimes you will be asked when the script was given to see your GP at four weeks to check you over so be patient.

I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for about ten years an now I am not having many side effects.

BOB

• Posted

Thank you Bob,. My main question was I definitely feel medicated and unnatural. Does this feeling ease,? or is it just something you have to do used to? Very distressing
    • Posted

In my case yes I do not have any side effects that are soley caused by this drug.

I take other medications as well as Citalopram, I also take Amytryptalene so it is a double whammy. We are all different so it can pay to be patient

BOB

• Posted

Hi Walter, my anxiety got a lot worse the first week then improved a lot I've been on 10mg of Citalopram for 3 weeks now and had 2 days with a bit more anxiety and a bit down but I made myself go for a jog for 45 minutes and it helped I was so pleased with myself I'm goi g to do it when i can as I have a 3 year old boy. This will pass and you will get better in time too just try and stay positive we are all here for each other which is great

• Posted

Thank you Debbie, I have a three-month-old daughter now and this is all so distressing. I have never felt like this in my entire life and I just want calmness
  • Posted

Hi Walter

Day 13 is early days - it can take around 5 weeks to start feeling well, and often it can be 3-4 months.

It does get worse before it gets better and side effects are often worse the first few weeks, and then they'll ease off.

Stick with it - it's really worth the wait.

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm trying to persevere. This have been my first adventure into anxiety and it's pretty scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.