Day 13 of period

Posted , 4 users are following.

i just want someone to reassure me that i'm not going mad. im still bleeding after 13 days and it does not look like it wants to stop. Im 40, normal menstrual cycle is 7-9 days and Dr had told me this is just a blip and hormone imbalance. Still getting cramping a little and blood is not a lot, a bit more than spotting though. Ive asked if its something more sinister and she doesnt think so. Not pregnant or STI. I just want to know if this period will ever end? And whats the longest you have gone bleeding? My sister says 18 days but shes 48. Please help relieve my anxiety.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi, how are you going now?

My longest period was 35 days long and I'm 25 years old. Blood tests revealed almost no progesterone which may be caused by my PCOS and/or Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've heard that if your period every goes for longer than normal, see a doctor. Maybe see a different doctor than the one you're currently seeing if possible? It's better to be safe. All the best for you.

• Posted

i just came across your post as im having the same problem, its the first time for me im 34 regular periods every month they dont usually last more than 2 days heavy 2 days trail off , so just before this period i had two days a week before it was due of very light spotting i thought wow this is early and also never begins light and then nothing until when my period was actually due of 2 days really light again like the spotting then i have had bad heavy ever since with clotting , so its been 11 days and i contacted the doctor this morning as worried bever had this happen before and im collecting my prescription tomorrow to take tablets to make it stop (ill come back tomorrow once i know what its called to update ) the doctor said could just be hormones and have to see what my next one does ,im 100 percent not pregnant nor sti like you its scary and im trying not to google as this has never happened before i thought at first was so light that maybe its because of lockdown i havent been as active but i feel well in myself that i have jn a long time as i am getting more rest than before .

• Posted

i just came across your post as im having the same problem, its the first time for me im 34 regular periods every month they dont usually last more than 2 days heavy 2 days trail off , so just before this period i had two days a week before it was due of very light spotting i thought wow this is early and also never begins light and then nothing until when my period was actually due of 2 days really light again like the spotting then i have had bad heavy ever since with clotting , so its been 11 days and i contacted the doctor this morning as worried bever had this happen before and im collecting my prescription tomorrow to take tablets to make it stop (ill come back tomorrow once i know what its called to update ) the doctor said could just be hormones and have to see what my next one does ,im 100 percent not pregnant nor sti like you its scary and im trying not to google as this has never happened before i thought at first was so light that maybe its because of lockdown i havent been as active but i feel well in myself that i have jn a long time as i am getting more rest than before .

• Posted

also to add to my last post last year i went to hospital to have a scan on my neck to see if my thyroid was ok and nothing showed up but the lining of it said i was suseptial to thyroiditis (sorry spelt wrong probably) to it and i went to see my doctor again and my bloods came back fine and maybe in future to have another test , i mentioned this again on the phone to doctor today but she didnt seem to worry it was anything to do with thyroid its frustrating not knowing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.