Day 14 in 20mg of Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need some reassurance this morning, I am on day 14 of Citalopram and in comparison to 2 weeks ago I felt things were starting to improve slightly, I had quite a good day yesterday I was able to take my little baby out on my own and although I didn't feel

Amazing, being out on my own was a bonus, but last night I didn't sleep well at all and I feel very anxious this morning, I'm in floods of tears at the minute and my father is having to come up and help me this morning, I feel like I'm failing my children by feeling so awful. When I go to bed I normally get over the sleep ok but last night my minds was racing with awful thoughts and my dreams are disturbing at the minute, is this normal ?? Why did I feel so good yesterday and today I feel so crap

Please help xx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sparkly

what you are feeling is absolutely normal.Wellness at this stage of your journey comes in waves and gradually very slowly there will be less and less awful days and more good days.When you feel hideous just think Oh know not YOU again! Just try not to place too much significance on what's happening as awful as it seems they are only anxiety symptoms and they won't kill you they are doing their best to make you feel bad and uncomfortable if not downright miserable! My brother had bad anxiety when he was 21 he is now 60 and the moment an attack came on he thought to himself stuff off I refuse to let this take over my life! The moment he took this attitude and stopped being afraid the symptoms diminished.

For me this worked to a point but eventually the Medication worked and now I am so much better. I am thinking of very slowly reducing, but it has taken me over a year to get to this stage.

Just come and chat to us whenever it gets tough we will help you on the road to feeling well againx

• Posted

How are you this evening? xx

• Posted

Feeling a wee bit better now but had a total meltdown when my husband came home from work, I cried my eyes out and had a good cry and I feel a wee bit of relief but I'm in bed now wondering will i actually get any sleep and how will I feel in the morning, how have you been today xx
    • Posted

Very similar to you, had a massive cry at lunchtime, went to see a CBT councillor this afternoon who was really nice and I really feel it will be useful, had another cry and then this evening hasn't been too bad. Again dreading the morning 😬 xxx
    • Posted

Hey Marf

I'm ok one minute and the next I'm quite down but the 1st time I was on citlaopram was in 2008 and I started it in August last night my husband found a photo is us 8 weeks later on holiday and we look so happy and bubbly and he has put it on our mantle piece and keeps saying every time I feel the tablets aren't working keep looking at the picture cus it was the best holiday and the tablets had definitely started working so he keeps saying to stay positive and be patient cus they will work. So I'm trying to do that, I was much better this afternoon but sort of on s wee dip now but glad it's the weekend, how has ur day been ??

• Posted

Bless him, what a nice thing to do xxx I've had quite a good day (sshh!) feel like I'm vibrating inside but felt much more 'normal' which is a start! xxx
    • Posted

How has your evening been, my little boy was poorly so had to call drs luckily it's nothing serious but I was able to cope it's amazing how the body reacts when something more important than me happens!!!!! I didn't have a bad day, we are getting there aren't we just need to be patient xx
    • Posted

Poor baby, I hope he's ok? You're right it's weird how you can spring into action, but you couldn't have done it last week though xxx patience isn't a strong point of mine! But yes we need to take tiny steps to get well and stay well xxx I've felt quite good today (compared to the last few weeks) Im just scared of feeling rubbish when I wake up 😬 xxx
    • Posted

Morning Marf how are you feeling? my little boy slept quite well and is seems to be a bit better this morning, I'm a bit shaky this morning and feel have that nervous feeling. I had very strange dreams last night about an ex boyfriend of mine it was very real and now I feel awful that I dreamt about him we didn't part on good terms and that was over 10 years ago.does anyone else have strange dreams white taking citlaopram??
    • Posted

I'm glad he's feeling better xx I'm really shakey and nervous too this morning, it's horrid xxx I think I've read about bad and vivid dreams being part of it, I didn't dream but didn't sleep well either 😬 xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.